Swimming with my bully

Seline Weiskopff

Mar 11, 2015
syracuse
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
molly
Molly loves the water. She is always excited to play! What are some things to be careful with her being in the pool or when we take her to the ocean. I was thinking the pool would be good rehab when her fracture heals.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
sounds like an excellent idea. No impact strenghtening. I am with you on that. Just keep an eye on her all the time while in the water.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Molly loves the water. She is always excited to play! What are some things to be careful with her being in the pool or when we take her to the ocean. I was thinking the pool would be good rehab when her fracture heals.

Life vest for sure. And just always keep your eyes on her, make sure she doesn't drink the water - lol or alot of it anyway. Then just watch for over-heating. Also bring some benadryl with you too just in case you need it!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
great rehab,,, but always have a life vest on her and be close enough that you can grab her at anytime

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Life vest for sure and watch out for sharks!!

OP
Seline Weiskopff

Seline Weiskopff

Mar 11, 2015
syracuse
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
molly
Thanks everyone ! She had another great day. I got her life vest and just ordered her a julius k9 power harness. I hope it fits and I made the right choice . I have not let her out of my site when she's outside she wants to play so bad lol she has tried but I was right there to calm her back down ! I'm gonna have one crazy bully once the vet releases her back to full activities! FB_IMG_1433988711054.jpg

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
So far Bruno really doesn't care about the water or going swimming. We have the lifevest on him for safety.

image.jpg

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
My Bass boy is dying to get in our pool (just one of those 2-3 ft. blow ups for our kids)...but I'm worried about his ears so I haven't allowed him in it. He ignores the tiny kitty pool unless the kids go in it with him, he wants to be part of the fun I guess. :yes:

photo.JPG

OP
Seline Weiskopff

Seline Weiskopff

Mar 11, 2015
syracuse
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
molly
Bass & Bruno are so cute ! I am so looking forward to playing on the beach with Molly :)

caitlinstew

Nov 9, 2014
Reno, NV
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Bruce loves swimming! It cracks me up! We just spent a day at the river last week, and he would not get out of the water!

We do have a life jacket for him, but only use it at the lake, or if an area is a little more deep than I am comfortable with. Even though he wears it, he doesn't ever seem to be happy to be in it...
IMG_0920 (1).jpg

Here's Bruce at the lake a few weeks ago!
IMG_1609.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=10681]Laurie[/MENTION] Life jacket and bathing cap so Sebastion can swim with the kids!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.