2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
im in manchester jimmy ,and carnt understand why royal canin so bad with it being so exspensive

Paul -- just because it costs a lot of money doe not mean it is the best food out there --- RC really is not that great a food

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I am off to Manchester on Friday. Let me know if you wanna meet up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Paul Stott

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
i get because things cost alot it doesnt mean its always the best ,but why is it not so good ??? he was on raw but was really sick one evening and it must of put him of as he wouldnt go near it again ,and jimmy im going away for the wkend fri night ,but deffo next time your in mcr let me know pal

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
i get because things cost alot it doesnt mean its always the best ,but why is it not so good ??? he was on raw but was really sick one evening and it must of put him of as he wouldnt go near it again ,and jimmy im going away for the wkend fri night ,but deffo next time your in mcr let me know pal

I believe the protein content in RC is low

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Paul, there is excellent information on this forum on how to tell what is a good food and what isn't. It will involve some reading but is well worth it. Go to the Dog Food and Nutrition section and look around. I found one section that should help you.

English Bulldog News Forums - Understanding Dog Food Labels and Finding Bad Ingredients

I found all the food out there and trying to figure out what is a good one and what isn't quite daunting too and I am still learning but I know a hell of a lot more now than what I did when I started and my dogs are the better for it.

I also went to Dog Food Advisor and looked up RC breed specific food as I am not sure what RC you have Archie on and have put the link here. You can see why they don't think it is a good food.
Don't get discouraged. Jimmyjj has suggested a good food for you to try and he will help you as much as he can as will everyone else on this forum I know.

Royal Canin Breed-Specific Adult Dog Food | Review and Rating

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
I use Miracle Care Tear Stain Remover, you can find it at EntirelyPets.com it is a 4oz bottle. I use this on My Elmo Boy, he is all white, and he does not have tear stains now. He eats Fromm Beef Frittata Veg. dry food, and Canidae Canned food chicken and rice about 1tablespoon mixed in with his Fromm Dry Food. I do change the flavor of his dry food sometimes.

How long did it took for the tear stains to disappear? Thanks :)

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Started Showing progress in about a week to ten days, I use it every evening to clean under Elmo's eyes, I Love Miracle Eye Tear Stain Remover.

OP
Paul Stott

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
no i really appreciate all the help im getting offered and will take it all on board and will deffo try a different food once this is gone ,coz in fairness he seems to enjoy this ,his stools are ok ,he isnt farting as much and his eye isnt watering as much ,so i will monitor him and have a look in the meantime at wainwrights as jimmy suggested and others anyone else reccomends ..thank you all so much

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
He is a really lovely boy! That was Monty's 'good' eye too!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online