brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus is doing great on the honest kitchen. I mentioned about a month ago he dropped 10lbs. I haven't officially weighed him again but I suspect he has lost a few more. What can I give him as a lunch meal to get some pounds on him? I started him on nuvet plus again so maybe that will help, but this is starting to make me nervous. Any suggestions would be great.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
good job! we used to give Lola a hard boiled egg at lunch :) i bet brutus would love that!!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I don't know... we don't have that problem in this household:ashamed: The food switch will probably take care of the issue by itself maybe... but an egg sounds like a great idea. I give ours egg sometimes, not everyday though. We have our own hens so I give them when I have extra eggs left over:)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Does he get 3 meals a day or breakfast/dinner? Maybe he needs to have 3 full meals since with THK, he is maybe taking in less calories?

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Does he get 3 meals a day or breakfast/dinner? Maybe he needs to have 3 full meals since with THK, he is maybe taking in less calories?
He gets Breakfast and dinner. I guess I could try to give him it for lunch. I wasn't sure if since it is so healthy that the extra meal of THK would put weight on him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He gets Breakfast and dinner. I guess I could try to give him it for lunch. I wasn't sure if since it is so healthy that the extra meal of THK would put weight on him.

not sure either, but worth a try

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I think you need to either give him more at each meal, or up it to three a day.

We had the same problem with Blue. First time we put him on raw, he lost weight when we followed the feeding guidelines. I had to give him more than the recommended amount just to maintain his weight.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.