Waiting for me

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I haven't interacted with Jake this whole day as I'm under the weather. Turned up that I have a 7mm kidney stone and the medication they put me in to pass the stone is making me more sick.

Anyway, hubby came home and took Jake outside. I wasn't aware that he was actually looking at me, waiting for me. I feel bad as I just learned that he puked on his mat and he didn't even barked or anything :(

Anyway, I have a report card for my Jake.
He is going to be 16 months old in 2 days. Went to the vet last week and was told he is 74.7 lbs. I always thought that I have a very calm dog now that he is older until the Dr said that Jake is so calm and we'll behaved. She said she never met a bully so friendly and we'll behaved. I've noticed this past month that Jake had stopped jumping on anybody especially strangers. He used to get excited and jump at them. Now he still gets excited but just sits in front of them and waits to be patted. It's like a I have a different dog. Even when I'm lying down on bed or on the couch, he just sits beside me and looks at me waiting. Sometimes he can't resists, he gives me one of his paw and touch me.

1016fe123624deafee7140b977233347.jpg

I just realized that Jake would not have turned up to be like himself had I not trained him everyday. I am so happy that Jake picked me to be his mom.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You have a special bulldog there, Caroline, and are one lucky woman! he looks sweet peeking thru the door like that. As for you...I'm so sorry to hear you are sick with a kidney stone!! oh my goodness, i've heard this is so painful. I hope you will get better very, very soon!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awwww...such a sweet & precious love you two share!

Thank you very much for sharing this with us, it really
touched my heart and is proof again, how special bulldogs
are and how deep is the love between them & us.

Jake is so handsome and...great job on his upbringing :)

Keeping you in prayer for dissolving that kidney stone asap!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Caroline, I hope you're feeling much better very soon! You're lucky to have such a sweet guy and Jake is so handsome! I do think we love our bullies more and they love us more as they get older. Of course we love them like crazy when they are precious little puppies (and we put up with a lot because they are so cute!). But when they get older and calmer and the training pays off, the love just deepens. Love on Jake a lot and he'll be your therapy dog as you recover!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry to hear you are not doing well... stones are very painful from what I have heard --- please take care and hope they pass soon.

Jake is on handsome boy -- great job on the training and happy to hear he is taking care of Momma!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Feel better soon! Jake is a good boy.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
awe geeez, I'm sorry to hear about the stone and to be sick on top of it has to be miserable!! That picture of Jakey is so cute, you can see the love in his eyes. You've done a great job teaching him and it will all pay off in the long run. Feel better and I pray your stone goes away quick.

OP
JakeP

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thank you everyone. It's been a tough past couple of days. They put me on this med that will help pass the stone but it was making me more sick instead. I won't be able to go back to work if I continue taking the medication. Anyway, have a urologist appointment on the 8th. Thank you for the prayers and the thoughtful words. It means a lot.

Jake has been gentle with me and always watching over me. He is a funny guy.

Most Reactions