Funny conversation with customer (warning it's long)...

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
As you all know I bartend at a very busy sports bar, the subject of dogs comes up often for some reason, I love to show off my pictures on my phone and get ask so many questions about his breed. After talking to a man yesterday for a while our dogs came up....(his name is Jim)

Jim-Kelly do you own a dog?
Kelly-Yes an English Bulldog
Jim-Are those those real wrinkle faced kind?
Kelly-Yes
Jim-I had to take my pomeranion(sp?) to the emergency vet last night he was hemorrhaging out his butt, his anal gland absessed
Kelly-OMG, I have to take Vegas about every 4-5 weeks and get his expressed and the last time he had a rock stuck in his gland

Jim-Do THOSE DOGS REQUIRE A LOT OF CARE???

Kelly-Not really...I have to wash his face every day, dry it, put cream in his wrinkels, wipe his butt every night, feed him special food that cost $60 because he has so many allergies, I only feed him fruits and vegtables for snacks, He has to go get his nails done about every 3 weeks because his nails grow so fast, I have to get a wet wash cloth with soap and scrub my furniture to get the slobber marks off, I have to mop almost every day because he drools and when he drinks he drips all over, I have to clean his ears once a week with special cleaner so he does not get infections, He weighs 61 lbs. and I can hardly get him in the tub for a bath with his special vet shampoo.....:eek:

And then I lost it, I laughed so hard that Jim started cracking up.
Jim-damn girl.....and you said NOT REALLY hard to take care of????

By this time I had tears I was laughing so hard, when you actually tell someone that has no clue about the breed it is an amazing story, but for us we just "do it" I don't even feel like it is a chore, it is just what needs to be done daily.

I just thought I would share this, I laughed all night last night about how I went on and on and on what I had to do to keep him smelling good and keeping him healthy. (and of course SPOILED :heart::bully:)

Last edited:

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
That is soooo funny. I love it when my hubby has a friend over and they witness me doing my nightly cleaning routine. Vegas has a good 11 lbs on Hudson, but I still have to get him to sit, then wrap my legs around him so he doesn't run away, then start scrubbing away at the wrinkles (or so it appears, as you know, since the dry part is really more important that the cleaning part). We do ears twice a week (er, usually). But you're right, it's just what you do!

Maybe you're like me, when I think of a dog that needs a lot of care, I think of dogs with long coats that require brushing and primping. Bullies seems so touch and go when you think about it. It's just that we turn out to be people who are very good at getting in creases and squeezing desitin in small spaces. :lol:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1740]ILuvHudson[/MENTION], I forgot that part, I have to sit on him like a horse to wash and dry his face to keep him from running from me, as soon as I lock his crate at night he KNOWS it is face wash time. He starts running all over the house, If I forget to lock his crate he gets in the very back and is dead weight, I can not budge him out, he will not even come out for a treat if he see's a washcloth in my hand:lol:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Good story [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] ..... :)

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Very funny story! I bet that guy will be happy with everything he DOESN'T do with his Pom, huh? He just doesn't even realize what he's missing out on. I used to have to pry Ida out of her crate. She RAN for her crate, as soon as she saw the baby wipes. Even if I was only going to change my baby granddaughter's diaper! But now the girls know the routine. They're both really good. Everynight I do ears and wrinkles, and even Gertie puts up with it to get her treat afterward. I guess to us it really doesn't seem so bad, we're used to it, our Bullies are used to it. No big deal.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Hey we have it lucky, we don't have to contently groom our Bulldogs like Jim has to groom his Pom!

That story is so terrific.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
It's not hard when it's done with love. :luv:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Too funny! My dad LOVES Chunk but says he's "high maintenance" (for obvious reasons). I, of course, tell him that he's nuts. Then CoCo (mini doxi) starts barking her head off and Chunk goes and lays down. Usually my reply is something along the lines of, "Who's the easier dog?!" (Granted CoCo is a puppy but the incessant barking is awful. I'm about to steal her for a week to train her! They just ignore it! I could never! :chapped:)

L

Lucy-licious

It's not hard when it's done with love. :luv:

Too true :)
Whoever would have thought that our bullies would be " high maintainance" spoilt pooches when u look at them all lazy and slobbery n wrinkley :lol:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online