mo4xdamomma

Jan 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
I have been contacted by a family over the past couple years who has wanted to rehome their bulldog after a divorce. I have declined every time because of one reason or another. Today I was contacted again. They said their Sophie had horrible allergies and with a new baby on the way they needed help rehoming. I have decided to take her.

they said the vet had them change foods and nothing is helping with the allergies. The vet suggested it may be that she is allergic to something in their house :unsure: My own bulldog is on a grain free/ chicken free food for her own allergies. Sophie ( the one being rehomed) is on Benefull. To me that just doesn't seem like a food to feed a dog with allergies!

Sophie has some bald spots as well. I am a new bully mom myself so I don't know if there are any tips that may give her some comfort. my first plan is to put her on a grain free food.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
the Beneful is poison and nothing but crap. Once you get her into your home, place her on a bland diet ground meat and rice or egg noodles and then switch her over to your babies grain free food. She will heal up in no times.

thank you for opening your heart and home to her ---- would love to see some pictures

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No, Christine is right Beneful is crap and a dog with allergies isn't going to feel any better on it. Thank you for giving this a shot, you're a life saver. :)

OP
M

mo4xdamomma

Jan 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
I don't know how to post pics.... I've tried lol

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I don't know how to post pics.... I've tried lol

there is a tool bar just above where you type when doing a post .... from the right on the tool bar, fourth one is a little square that when you hover over, it will display 'insert image' --- select your photo and then click upload :)

OP
M

mo4xdamomma

Jan 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
image1 (1).JPGThis is my Charlee. She just turned one in May.

image1.JPG And this is Sophie!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
M

mo4xdamomma

Jan 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
no they don't know each other yet. I was just researching how to introduce them to one another. thanks!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
no they don't know each other yet. I was just researching how to introduce them to one another. thanks!

neutral ground is very important too.... you and someone else just take them for a walk, do not let them interact till after the walk and before they enter the home.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
please change foods right away. You will see a remarkable improvement. Also, consider giving her Nuvet vitamins. It works.

My breeder said she always uses Nuvet Plus with all puppies and any dogs that have skin or ear issues. Can't say whether it works as mine don't have skin issues but I do have a puppy and give it to her to help keep her immune system strong. Worth a shot!

OP
M

mo4xdamomma

Jan 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
My breeder said she always uses Nuvet Plus with all puppies and any dogs that have skin or ear issues. Can't say whether it works as mine don't have skin issues but I do have a puppy and give it to her to help keep her immune system strong. Worth a shot!

Where is the best place to get NuVet

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.