Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
So Bella has decided that she likes to splash the water from her water bowl. It's not a matter of her tipping the bowl; she puts her head in the bowl and shakes it around so that the water goes everywhere. :sneaky2:

It's so annoying.

I'm seeing different types of no-spill bowls, but I have no idea if they're good or convenient. She has a sucky-thing (OMG, what is it called??-my brain hurts) water container in her crate, which can't be spilled, but I'd like her to have free non-crate water, too.

Anyone ever deal with this?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:laugh: :laugh: she is a little spit fire!!!! I have nothing for you, but you did give me a good visual and laugh!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
um....I'm not laughing, I promise :whistle: I put a super absorbent dish mat under my boys water bowls. They also like to swim in the bowl.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
So Bella has decided that she likes to splash the water from her water bowl. It's not a matter of her tipping the bowl; she puts her head in the bowl and shakes it around so that the water goes everywhere. :sneaky2:

It's so annoying.

I'm seeing different types of no-spill bowls, but I have no idea if they're good or convenient. She has a sucky-thing (OMG, what is it called??-my brain hurts) water container in her crate, which can't be spilled, but I'd like her to have free non-crate water, too.

Anyone ever deal with this?

Haha, Tyson does this. Probably bc sometimes I add a few ice cubes, and he goes bobbing for them - I have mats under his bowls so usually most of it is contained to the area, but it always drips once he starts walking so its essentially all over the place. I can't tell you how many times I've almost eaten it bc of all the water from him drinking! :w00t:

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Oh great! LOL!

I just wasn't in the mood for it yesterday... :sneaky2: ...she knew I didn't want her doing it, so she put her head in the water, quickly shook it around (covering the entire floor with water), and ran away from me...tracking water all over the house!

Bella!!! Lol I guess it's good that I can laugh now.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh great! LOL!

I just wasn't in the mood for it yesterday... :sneaky2: ...she knew I didn't want her doing it, so she put her head in the water, quickly shook it around (covering the entire floor with water), and ran away from me...tracking water all over the hose!

Bella!!! Lol I guess it's good that I can laugh now.

They keep life entertaining for us don't they? LOL At least know that you are not the only one! LOL hahah

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Cali Doll When Ralph had this problem, he bought an industrial-restaurant type mat, that absorbs the water.Has a rubber backing,so it doesn't soak through.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thank you! I'll look for a good mat.

Get one of those dish drying mats. You know the really absorbent ones? Those work well. You know which I'm talking about? You can find them at any store really. Home Goods, Target, Walmart, etc.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Oh Bella--you're such a naughty girl! I've had a bully who played in her water with her front paws and made a big mess. So far, Winnie hasn't thought of that way to annoy me. If she had, she'd be doing it I'm sure! It is funny though!

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Oh Bella--you're such a naughty girl! I've had a bully who played in her water with her front paws and made a big mess. So far, Winnie hasn't thought of that way to annoy me. If she had, she'd be doing it I'm sure! It is funny though!

Don't let her talk to Bella!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Get one of those dish drying mats. You know the really absorbent ones? Those work well. You know which I'm talking about? You can find them at any store really. Home Goods, Target, Walmart, etc.
That is exactly what I use.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.