brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Glad everything went well. I hope he behaves and stays calm so he can recover.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Glad everything went well!

I don't have any direct experience with acepromazine, but I will say that I was warned against giving it to my bully. I understand that it can be dangerous for flat-nosed breeds. Fortunately, she didn't need it.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Glad everything went well!

I don't have any direct experience with acepromazine, but I will say that I was warned against giving it to my bully. I understand that it can be dangerous for flat-nosed breeds. Fortunately, she didn't need it.

I think I have read it here or on FB about not using ace in bully's. I've never used it but i think recall someone saying their dog died on that drug and warned against it in flat nosed dogs. I had my pup spayed yesterday and asked them not to use that drug.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I think I have read it here or on FB about not using ace in bully's. I've never used it but i think recall someone saying their dog died on that drug and warned against it in flat nosed dogs. I had my pup spayed yesterday and asked them not to use that drug.

When Bella was getting spayed, I mentioned it in my thread. That's the only experience I have with it. I Googled it and read all kinds of scary things.

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
I Google it and read scary things and posts that say it is fine. I am so confused maybe I can get the same result with benadryl

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy that Radar did well with his surgery.

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
I'm sorry Radar and you had to go through this surgery, but I'm very very glad to read everything went well!
I hope your brave little boy gets well very soon:havemyheart:

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Glad Radar did so well for surgery! You know your dog best, if you feel that's what he needs to stay calm, maybe just a small dose with supervision, that's a good idea to maybe try the Benedryl, we are all praying for you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Get well soon, Radar. We want you to be all better!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I Google it and read scary things and posts that say it is fine. I am so confused maybe I can get the same result with benadryl

That is not a bad idea.... benedryl could make him tired enough to be lazy for you

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
I'm sorry to hear that. For the future if it would come down to surgery or you just simply need rehabilitation, I recently bought an IDC multifunctional vest by julius k9. One of the functions is rehabilitation. As a swimming vest it’s practical help for hydro- therapy – with reducing or increasing the number of the floating pads you can change the level of excercises. With a strong handle and a ring for the leash it’s easy to control or hold your dog. Maybe once It is actually highly recommended for those dog breeds (English and French Bulldogs) which are more challenged in swimming due to their physical abilities. Also when (or if you) are going up on stares, you can grab your dog by the handle to decrease pressure on their spinal cord and sensitive joints. I would definitely give a shot for this vest. Even if you decided it is not the product that would help you, you will have a neoprene jacket, which will protect your dog from the rain, wind and cold. Hoping the best for you!

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
We made it home today from surgery he is wiped out from not being at home so he is sleeping. The more I read about ace the more scared I get I need him to sleep when I am at work. How much benadryl can I give him? I read anywhere from 1 to 2 MG per pound

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.