Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella is snoring on my lap right now. Her fur is literally flying around. This is crazy!

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Bella is snoring on my lap right now. Her fur is literally flying around. This is crazy!

My rugs and couches are pretty much covered with pet hair lol [emoji30] it's never ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is that time..... 'blowing the coat'.... happens twice a year

Kong Zoom Groom.... outside once a day till the blowing is done.

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It is that time..... 'blowing the coat'.... happens twice a year

Kong Zoom Groom.... outside once a day till the blowing is done.

I have to get one! Thanks. Does the FurMinator deShedding shampoo works well too?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We are dealing w/the same thing… I use the furminator brush first to loosen up the under hair, then the zoom groom to get the hairs off. I'm so OVER it already!!! Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have to get one! Thanks. Does the FurMinator deShedding shampoo works well too?

I use both, but the zoom groom is my favorite --- never heard of the furminator shampoo

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hey, I just thought it was tumbleweeds-you mean it's DOG HAIR shock.jpg:yikes::bigeyes2:

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
:w00t::w00t::w00t::LMAO::LMAO:We just accept that there is one more dog in the house while they are blowing through their coats..........named "fanthom Hairy." He doesn't eat much but manages to "cover" a get deal of territory in a short period of time. LOL It will pass!! If you have any guests during that time just warn them in advance and hand them a lint roller on the way out the door. hehe!!

Katasha

Jul 21, 2015
Iowa
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SPARTACUS
I was wondering how everyone likes the furminator. I was looking up online and seen that people don't recommend using on English bulldogs and that it's a waste of $$ for these types of fur babies. Wanting to get something to help with the shedding. Now I do use the Advet hygienic shampoo and conditioner once a week and I notice my bully has very soft fur no skin problems and very shiny coat people always ask if we bathe hIm daily just because how soft he is. But he hates being brushed I feel the brushes I have found are maybe to rough for him?

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
So glad it's not just me! This is the first time experiencing this, I never heard the term "blowing their coat" before. How long does it last?

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was wondering how everyone likes the furminator. I was looking up online and seen that people don't recommend using on English bulldogs and that it's a waste of $$ for these types of fur babies. Wanting to get something to help with the shedding. Now I do use the Advet hygienic shampoo and conditioner once a week and I notice my bully has very soft fur no skin problems and very shiny coat people always ask if we bathe hIm daily just because how soft he is. But he hates being brushed I feel the brushes I have found are maybe to rough for him?

I use Kong Zoom Groom on them

MaxDAD

Mar 17, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Max is 6 moths old, and he is shedding a lot for the last 2 months,
How long does it last?
This is our first EB. Some say that there are two seasons like this a year, well, it's been two months and it doesn't look is going to stop anytime soon.

He may stop in couple of months and right after the second season will start, lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.