I tried the cheesey treats!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
A couple weeks ago there was a recipe posted for the cheese treats. I got gluten free brown rice flour and a bunch of other stuff to try different kinds of treats. I got granola, dried cranberries, irish oats (all this is gluten free). I finally got around to trying some. I made the cheese treats, and the girls really like them. I made mine really small (about the size of a nickle), because they get treats several times a day, so real small ones are best. I got 8 dozen out of this recipe and they are soooo easy! They don't spread out as they cook, so I got 3 dozen on a cookie sheet at once. And they don't stick, and I didn't even use Pam on the cookie sheet. They slid right off as soon as I tipped the pan.

Now I have a question. With no preservative, and with the cheese in them, do you guys think they should be refridgerated? Or can I put them in the "treat jar" on the counter?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
yes i would freeze em. I bet they will love them that way too :up:

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
So I think my husband is jealous!! We both have colds and he's been a real GROUCH! When he saw the cheese treats I'd made, all he said was "Spoiled a$$ dogs!" Geeeeeez! I offered him one. He wasn't willing to try one tho. :p

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION], my husband is not even sick and I hear that several times a week!! I hate to tell him he is right, but between you and I he is.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION] if they are the cheesy treats recipe from me, they are good in an airtight container for up to a week. The fridge about 3 weeks and freezer about 3 months. Did you try them?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.