Worried what might happen!

kclark

Jun 21, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Shadow
Is it ok if I leave my bulldog in her crate for 10 hrs while I'm at work? I need to know for when school starts back up. Help very worried!

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I would not leave your baby in the crate for that long. At the very least have someone come to let him/her out for a potty break, or several. There are services where you can have someone come to your house and play with your dog, walk them, potty break, for an hour or so. Or, could you dog-proof a room in your house and leave the dog fenced in there?

If if at all possible look into doggy daycare a few days a week. Being in the crate 10 hours a day is really not an ideal situation. You'll be tired from school and won't want to deal with a hyperactive dog who's been cooped up all day.

OP
K

kclark

Jun 21, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Shadow
I'm really not worried about dealing with her when I get hm because I have 2 kids that love to play with her. I'm just worried she might be lonely or potty in her crate. She will have plenty of love when we get hm.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I posted this question also on your other thread.... friend or family member swing by mid-day for a quick potty run? we have a pet sitter that comes over for 45-60 mins 4 days a week -- is runs us $16.00 a day

OP
K

kclark

Jun 21, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Shadow
Ok thanks for the info..

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would try to gt a pet sitter to come ar least once a day. 10 hours is a little too long to be in a crate.

OP
K

kclark

Jun 21, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Shadow
My grandma lives across the street I just hated to ask her but I think she will come let her out twice a day.��

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I would ask her:) 10 hours is long time to be crated every day. I'm sure they'll both enjoy their time together if you ask your grandma:)

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
You can also try to get some toys that will keep her occupied in between potty breaks with your grandmother. One that works well for me is stuffing a kong toy with peanut butter, Greek yogurt -- whatever she likes -- and freezing it overnight. Give it to her when you leave and she'll spend hours trying to get every last drop.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.