Are Bully's Really Different To Other Breeds ?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Am compelled to come back and say this...for everything said here
by different members, agree.

It is not by chance but GOD's blessing of me with my 1st bulldog, Brutus,
just two months before losing my beloved husband. Cruelly, I then lost him
just 5 short months later, both sudden & unexpected deaths.

Although I thought it too soon and worried I was too broken to take care of her,
I adopted Cami, who needed a home but gave me the needed home of her heart.
If not for her devoted, constant care of me and her diva, bulldog antics to add the
little bit of joy to my darkest days, I might not be here today. Cami will come to me,
stare into my eyes and just like that, we are looking into each other's soul & having
deepest conversations wordlessly.

What price can you put on that? Thank you, GOD and [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] and you, dear Cami.

It's only bulldogs for me.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bullies are a wonderful breed for sure, and there is nothing like them, and they will steal your heart for sure. But I must admit, I thought Bullies were the only breed I would ever have the rest of my life, until I got Frenchies, and now they are just as wonderful as the English. Just as loving and little clowns just like English are.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Bullies are a wonderful breed for sure, and there is nothing like them, and they will steal your heart for sure. But I must admit, I thought Bullies were the only breed I would ever have the rest of my life, until I got Frenchies, and now they are just as wonderful as the English. Just as loving and little clowns just like English are.

Well of course! Frenchies are Bulldogs after all :p :D..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Well of course! Frenchies are Bulldogs after all :p :D..

She got you there, David! :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
As if I didn't know that already. ;) :p

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullies are a wonderful breed for sure, and there is nothing like them, and they will steal your heart for sure. But I must admit, I thought Bullies were the only breed I would ever have the rest of my life, until I got Frenchies, and now they are just as wonderful as the English.
Just as loving and little clowns just like English are.

Frenchies are bulldogs and thus, have the bully heart & spirit we love!
Are there any mellow ones as they seem to be much more active than
their English cousins, I worry about keeping up with them otherwise
their smaller size would be easier for me as I'm aging badly, lol

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I have owned many different breeds of dogs over the years, and I have to say that my Bulldogs are hands down my favorite. Like many of you have said, I feel the same love for them as I have for my own children. There is just a bond I have had with them like no other. I have been single for several years, always thinking I would find the right man for myself. Now that I have a Bulldog, I could care less about finding a man. I'm perfectly happy with my Bulldog love!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] Some Frenchies are laid back and some love to play and full of energy. Hazel and Hilary will play some, but would rather just snuggle with you, but they are 4 and 5 years old too. :)

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] Some Frenchies are laid back and some love to play and full of energy. Hazel and Hilary will play some, but would rather just snuggle with you, but they are 4 and 5 years old too. :)

Thank you, David...wasn't sure they settled down much as they got older.
My son thinks I should consider adopting a Frenchie (on down the road).
That's a great age to adopt too, Cami was 5 and now is 7 & in great health.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] when the time comes, let us know and we will help you find one. :)

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] when the time comes, let us know and we will help you find one. :)

Ahhh, my dear friend, you know I will and thank you, dear one.

I'm hoping Cami & I are ditzy old broads, living & laughing together
a long time.

You are a kind & good man, Davidh

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
We have lots of frenchies here. But my two favorite are Lulu and Cooper.
Cooper just turned one. Blue loved him, was so gentle with him it was the sweetest thing to watch. Then we got Blue neutered and now he hates all intact males. So we can't stay around Cooper.

Lulu is an older girl. She had one litter but wasn't a good mama so her breeder sold her. She's absolutely stunning, just beautiful and what I envision the perfect frenchie to look like. She's also a total diva, and one snobby little lady..lol..
But once she gets to know you.. oh my, she's a love bug. My heart melts every time I see her. She looks up at me, does a little wiggle and you can see she's happy to see me (could be because I use to give her treats..lol).
Blue and Wellie love her too.

Wonderful breed.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
I have had many dogs..labs.mixes.weiner dogs.cocker spaniels etc. And my bulldogs are in a league of their own.I've loved all my babies but bulldogs just bring a different kind of joy to our lives.Maybe its the never ending antics they do or the way they love their owners....:)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.