Are Bully's Really Different To Other Breeds ?

OP
Zedsded

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
I honestly believe the term "a breed apart" was coined for bulldogs! I have had quite a selection of breeds throughout my life but none of them are like a bulldog. They really do make you laugh and can make you so frustrated (often at the same time!) because of their stubbornness. It took me many years to get my husband to agree to get one but now he is well and truly hooked! Wonderful dogs!

We totally agree! And we thought about getting one for ten years and then finally took the plunge! And YES he TOTALLY owns both of us :)

OP
Zedsded

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Really nice to hear all your thoughts on this guys �� they really are special little dogs

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
I have had a couple of different breeds and I have loved them all like my children, my border collie was so special to me, I rescued her and she was a loving loyal beautiful easy going dog, when she passed is when we got our first and only bulldog, I will agree they are like no other, their emotions are human like that's is one of the things that make Bazza different, you certainly know when he is sad, when he is happy, he sulks when told off, etc, they wear their hearts on their sleeves. It would be hard not to wanna own more and more :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/what the others have stated… bullies are their "own" breed absolutely!!! I would also like to add that in our home I had my beloved boxer Roxie, and she lived thru having 4 bulldogs in our home!!! She actually learned traits from the bulldogs… it was hysterical. She started going along w/whatever madness our bulldogs were doing at the time, and we always laughed because she was SO much bigger than them. I guess she figured she might as well join in on the madness… Lol

Dudley is super cute… Welcome to EBN!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Dudley is on handsome boy -- agree with the others -- you are so owned by him and how could you not be.

I use to work at a dog daycare and every breed you could think of came in at some point -- only two connected with me because they have their own personalities .. Bulldogs and French Bulldogs. I love all canines, but to me, the Bulldog has more character and unique personality than the others.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I've had other breeds but none like a Bulldog, they are special. I think for me the love is so great because they do truly need me like no other dog has ever before. They come to ask me for things and my interaction with them is much more parent/child like than owner/dog like... My bulldogs even have their own room:blush2: and their own special beds and blankets and I tuck them in every night, I have my special routines with them like I've never had with any dog before. I can't stand leaving them even for a day and sometimes when I look at them sleeping I get overwhelmed by how much I love them. It's scary in a way but totally worth it <3

Dudley is adorable:luv: you wont think it's possible but you'll love him more and more for every single day, enjoy:)

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I had my first bulldog a long time ago. When my dad came over and had been around her for a little while, he said laughingly, "well, that dog certainly covers the ground she walks on!" I often think of that statement. Bullies have such BIG personalities and they tend to get their way. Every time I've lost one, I just can't believe that the world can just go on without this huge personality in it!

I've always had boxers too, and I love them just as much, but it's just different. [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Tracey, my bullies have always used their paws just like boxers. (but not Winnie though--no boxer now) And my first bully, Daisy, helped raise our litter of boxer puppies--she was really good at it too!

Dudley is adorable! You're so lucky to have found him!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
bulldogs are actually humans trapped in a dog's body.

I agree! I think this is what gets me most of all. Bella has so many human-like emotions. I marvel at her sometimes. You know what else...She brings joy to, not only me but, everyone we encounter. She's truly a blessing. Honestly, I'm honored that I get to take care of her.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
I agree! I think this is what gets me most of all. Bella has so many human-like emotions. I marvel at her sometimes. You know what else...She brings joy to, not only me but, everyone we encounter. She's truly a blessing. Honestly, I'm honored that I get to take care of her.

ditto on that

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
I've had couple different breeds before but always loved EBs. Now I have 2 and will never get any other kind of breeds anymore. I love them so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Zedsded

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Well this thread really has confirmed what we thought :) and we often say Dudley seems more like having a mischievous toddler around the house rather than a pet. Thanks for all the kind words about Dudley he is a cutie and he knows it! and plays on it!
RiiSi that picture is fantastic! made me smile, that said i cant help looking at a bully without smiling! :D

Si.

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
I grew up with a beagle and a yellow lab. As an adult I have owned two Bulldogs. I have had friends and family who have owned several other breeds and to me the Bulldog is in a completely different category, and I don't think I will ever own any other breed.

98e0dfc8efa4f33f91253ef5818885c4.jpg

c2b9f6447b9732af87dc82a5cea47174.jpg

[emoji1]

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
This ^^

I never refer to them as dogs, they're "bulldogs" .. completely different :tongue:

Just realized that I too, do not refer to them as dogs...they are bulldogs.

And as [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] & Ellie say, bulldogs are a species unto themselves ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.