Is this weird? (Sleeping, no potty for going on 16 hours)

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Usually Bella sleeps in, but she'll usually go to the door for potty by like 9AM or so. Last night, I think her last potty was around 7PM or 8PM. She fell asleep by 10PM or so.

She sleeps in her crate at night. Around 7AM, I let her out and put her on the couch with me. As usual, she fell back to sleep on the couch. It's 11:30AM and she's still sleep! She hasn't peed since yesterday evening! Also, she had no breakfast, since I was waiting for her to wake up. Weird, right?

I'm about to wake her for potty and breakfast (lunch!), but isn't that odd??

Man, I thought I was the master of sleeping in. :ohmy:

This is her right now.

image.jpg

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
As long as you think she is feeling ok. Is she warm? I would wake her and see how she acts.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
She's 100% normal and just as crazy as ever. (She's not warm.) I was just wondering if this behavior is abnormal. Actually, I'm thinking it might be because I've been taking her on 20 minute walks every day--since we've been working on the "heel" command.

I woke her and she has had potty and breakfast.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
In this house that's not strange at all... it's not everyday but sometimes I have to wake them up cos I feel it's time for them to go out and have breakfast:tongue: Normally they go to bed at around 8pm and most of the time they won't get up until 9am the next morning. Except for weekends of course, then it's like Bennie's got a built in clock, he's always waking me up at 8am, lol.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
In this house that's not strange at all... it's not everyday but sometimes I have to wake them up cos I feel it's time for them to go out and have breakfast:tongue: Normally they go to bed at around 8pm and most of the time they won't get up until 9am the next morning. Except for weekends of course, then it's like Bennie's got a built in clock, he's always waking me up at 8am, lol.

LOL, yeah, I'm not at all complaining. It's kind of neat having to wake up a dog in the a.m. I think it's the heat and our walks that's draining her energy.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Our two go to their crates at 9pm and on the weekends we don't go and wake them until 8-9 sometimes the next morning, they only go pee because I take them straight out but if you go to the couch with them they will happily go right back to sleep for the rest of the morning.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
My first bully, Daisy, was a big sleeper. She would wake up to eat breakfast and potty, then get back in bed where she would still be when I got home from work at 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon. Napping was her fav activity! I wouldn't worry about Bella at all unless she acts sick when she's up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is still a pup, right? Might be a growth spurt ;) Lambeau is 8 months and I noticed the past few days he is sleeping HARD and not wanting to wake up -- but everything else is normal -- play, eat, potty

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
She is still a pup, right? Might be a growth spurt ;) Lambeau is 8 months and I noticed the past few days he is sleeping HARD and not wanting to wake up -- but everything else is normal -- play, eat, potty

She's the same age as Lambeau. Yeah, that makes sense because she is super heavy theses days. LOL I think I'll have them weigh her tomorrow.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Sometimes Ruckus holds it forever also. Last night he had a potty break around 8pm, but when I went to bed around 2 I made him go outside and pee. He was not pleased. I think I'm just going to let him sleep through the night from now on even though I don't know how that's comfortable.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I think some Bulldogs just like to sleep too. Curly goes to bed at 8 PM (he puts himself to bed) and most days he doesn't get up until noon. That's 16 hours! Most days I try to wake him up and put him outside and he will just continue to sleep on the porch. He's definitely not a morning dog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.