mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
I saw three-year-old English bulldog today when we took Bruno downtown for a walk, he had an amazingly soft and shiny coat. They said the only thing they do is feed him Forza10 Oto. At $78.90 for 18 lbs. it has to be just about the most expensive food that I've found so far. It's making fromm's look like a bargain.

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Pricey! I've seen EBs too like those and I asked what kind of food they feed them. One said Blackwood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
But it's different for every bullies though.

OP
mb190e

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Pricey! I've seen EBs too like those and I asked what kind of food they feed them. One said Blackwood

Did a little research on Blackwood it seems to be a decent food rated somewhere about the same as Fromm maybe a little above and seems to be priced a little more moderately right between the taste of the wild that I'm buying now and the cost of Fromm.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Never heard of it.... [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] [MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION]

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Did a little research on Blackwood it seems to be a decent food rated somewhere about the same as Fromm maybe a little above and seems to be priced a little more moderately right between the taste of the wild that I'm buying now and the cost of Fromm.

I tried TOTW venison for my boys and Brett kept licking his paws and was red so I switched to Fromm. So far so good.

OP
mb190e

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
I tried TOTW venison for my boys and Brett kept licking his paws and was red so I switched to Fromm. So far so good.

My golden retriever is constantly licking his paws, he's on taste of the wild. no problems with Bruno yet he's on taste of the wild puppy venison. Soon as my last bag of food is gone I want to switch them both to the same food and try to get rid of this paw licking. I wish Fromm was $10 cheaper a bag. Getting taste of the wild 30lb bags for $42.50 each. Fromm Beef Frittata Veg is around $68. For 28lb bags. And for two dogs that's quite a jump.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So- they seem to have a ton of various foods.

First one I chose is "Dermo" from their Active line. I chose it because it's for dogs with skin issues.
First five ingredients: potatoes, anchovy meal, vegetable oil, fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), dried beet pulp. Based solely on this, I'd pass. Not something I would feed my bullies.

Then I checked their "Lamb" formula from their Maintenance Evolution line.
First five ingredients: ground rice, lamb meal, fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), hydrolyzed potato protein, brewer’s yeast, minerals. Again, I would not feed this to my bulldogs.

I also checked Dog Food Advisor but couldn't find this company, or any of it's foods listed.

There's a lot going on when you check out their page. Lots of pretty words, and lines like "founded by veterinarians" and "holistic" etc. But what it comes down to is quality ingredients, the kibble I checked (which were more than the two I listed above) do not seem to contain any.

OP
mb190e

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
So- they seem to have a ton of various foods.

First one I chose is "Dermo" from their Active line. I chose it because it's for dogs with skin issues.
First five ingredients: potatoes, anchovy meal, vegetable oil, fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), dried beet pulp. Based solely on this, I'd pass. Not something I would feed my bullies.

Then I checked their "Lamb" formula from their Maintenance Evolution line.
First five ingredients: ground rice, lamb meal, fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), hydrolyzed potato protein, brewer’s yeast, minerals. Again, I would not feed this to my bulldogs.

I also checked Dog Food Advisor but couldn't find this company, or any of it's foods listed.

There's a lot going on when you check out their page. Lots of pretty words, and lines like "founded by veterinarians" and "holistic" etc. But what it comes down to is quality ingredients, the kibble I checked (which were more than the two I listed above) do not seem to contain any.

That's where I found it rated four out of five stars dog food advisor.

Blackwood Grain Free and Sensitive Diet Dog Food | Review and Rating

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
OP
mb190e

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
HOLD ON.. Blackwood is Forza10? We're not talking about the same food.

The first post said "Forza10" Forza10 is Nutraceutic. What does Blackwood have to do with it?

My post was only talking about Forza10, not any other formula..

eta: I was only replying to the OP.

Sorry, change directions on you. You're right I couldn't find a whole lot of reviews for Forza10. The person that I ran into said her fathers is a vet. And he recommends this food to all Bulldogs. so I'm sure they get it a lot cheaper than the price I found.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.