Winnie the weight lifter!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Winnie is still obsessed with playing keep away, when she's not playing chase the ball. She gets something she's not supposed to have and no one can catch her or pry it out of her mouth. So, when we get in bed at night (that's her fav time to play keep away) we try to put anything she can reach up high. Last night she managed to dig a 5 lb. weight out from under my dresser and jump on the bed with us. This is how she looked:
image.jpg image.jpg She says with that look, "Just try and get it!"
I finally got it away with treats (I was afraid she'd hurt herself--5 lbs. is heavy!), but I feel like I'm rewarding her for being a bad dog!!:chapped:

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Sorry to giggle... That pic is adorable ! And with Tucker , he does the same, not before bed, but his ALL time favorite is to steal a baseball hat and chew the top button off!!! He runs right in front of us to say "Hey look what I have!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
LOL oh my gosh, she's so cute though! Effie does the same thing. I can just hear her singing "nana nana boo boo- you can't catch me!" as she runs away with whatever miscellaneous item she has managed to steal.

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
If we ignore Winnie, she comes up closer and closer, to me, then to Roy--and when we don't respond she waves it in front of Jack. Of course, she looks so funny, we can't help but laugh sometimes which is the one way to guarantee that a bully will repeat bad behavior!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh my word, those pictures are precious! Love her face in the 2nd one. Such a doll, how could you get mad. Haha, but I agree - 5lbs is alot, could hurt her little teef ;)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh [MENTION=13140]Donnam[/MENTION] That second photo tells it all! The look on her face is priceless-like "You want it/come and get it..dare ya'." Beware she is exercising those shark jaws da dum, da dum................just when you thought it was safe to go to bed!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:laugh: look at that face.... she is very proud of herself

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
How adorable, I would have been more worried she would have decided to sling it and BAM, ouch. Treats are a good thing :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
That is hysterical… maybe she can come with me to bootcamp!!! :w00t:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Winnie is still obsessed with playing keep away, when she's not playing chase the ball. She gets something she's not supposed to have and no one can catch her or pry it out of her mouth. So, when we get in bed at night (that's her fav time to play keep away) we try to put anything she can reach up high. Last night she managed to dig a 5 lb. weight out from under my dresser and jump on the bed with us. This is how she looked:
View attachment 88175 View attachment 88176 She says with that look, "Just try and get it!"
I finally got it away with treats (I was afraid she'd hurt herself--5 lbs. is heavy!), but I feel like I'm rewarding her for being a bad dog!!:chapped:
I also have a kleptomaniac on my hands. Frank will grab anything and everything. Vases, pictures, paper, lunchboxes, knives, recently we had a chicken cutlet incident I don't want to talk about, etc....Soooo last night gary and I are in bed for the night, it is about 11:30pm and I hear a car alarm going off.....Yup you guessed right, Frankie stole my keys off of the table and while chewing on them, set off the alarm :censored:. We wrestle the keys from my darling little angel and finally get the alarm off. Gary gets up for work this morning and promptly comes back into the room with my sunglasses that were next to my keys, completely chewed up. We still cannot find the one missing arm! Frankie also gives that "I dare you to try and get this back" look. I have given up :retreat: he is a complete :evil:

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I also have a kleptomaniac on my hands. Frank will grab anything and everything. Vases, pictures, paper, lunchboxes, knives, recently we had a chicken cutlet incident I don't want to talk about, etc....Soooo last night gary and I are in bed for the night, it is about 11:30pm and I hear a car alarm going off.....Yup you guessed right, Frankie stole my keys off of the table and while chewing on them, set off the alarm :censored:. We wrestle the keys from my darling little angel and finally get the alarm off. Gary gets up for work this morning and promptly comes back into the room with my sunglasses that were next to my keys, completely chewed up. We still cannot find the one missing arm! Frankie also gives that "I dare you to try and get this back" look. I have given up :retreat: he is a complete :evil:

Oh Noooo! When you think everything is put up safe, they always manage to find something! Winnie especially enjoys zooming by me really fast as I try to grab her collar. She's way faster than me!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh Noooo! When you think everything is put up safe, they always manage to find something! Winnie especially enjoys zooming by me really fast as I try to grab her collar. She's way faster than me!
I love that we can all understand the craziness.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.