Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Winnie, stop driving mommy crazy!!
(Shes so cute!!)
They are all so cute, that is how they survive. just when you are ready to wring their little (well fat and wrinkley) necks, they hit you with the cute faces!!! That's when I find myself saying, oh it's ok you set my car alarm off just as i was falling asleep. I still wuv you!!!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Winnie is a weight lifter, 5lbs. is heavy for this Baby. She sure looks Adorabull with her weights.

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I also have a kleptomaniac on my hands. Frank will grab anything and everything. Vases, pictures, paper, lunchboxes, knives, recently we had a chicken cutlet incident I don't want to talk about, etc....Soooo last night gary and I are in bed for the night, it is about 11:30pm and I hear a car alarm going off.....Yup you guessed right, Frankie stole my keys off of the table and while chewing on them, set off the alarm :censored:. We wrestle the keys from my darling little angel and finally get the alarm off. Gary gets up for work this morning and promptly comes back into the room with my sunglasses that were next to my keys, completely chewed up. We still cannot find the one missing arm! Frankie also gives that "I dare you to try and get this back" look. I have given up :retreat: he is a complete :evil:

So, I posted this thread a while back, and after chasing Winnie with various thing in her mouth (some dangerous, some not) and getting totally bent out of shape with her, I found a cure. I had a can of Pet Corrector that I had bought when she was a puppy, but didn't use it much. I got it at PetsMart. It's a can aerosole can of compressed air that makes a loud hiss when you spray it. You don't spray the dog--just away from them--it's the noise they hate. She got something the other night and I picked up the can, gave a quick spray and she dropped the item. I picked it up and told her she was a "good girl" (through my gritted teeth). Anyway, since then, when she picks something and runs away with it, all I have to do is pick up the red can and she drops it. I thought I'd share what worked for me. It's really imperative to be able to get something away from her when it could hurt her!
image.jpg

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
So, I posted this thread a while back, and after chasing Winnie with various thing in her mouth (some dangerous, some not) and getting totally bent out of shape with her, I found a cure. I had a can of Pet Corrector that I had bought when she was a puppy, but didn't use it much. I got it at PetsMart. It's a can aerosole can of compressed air that makes a loud hiss when you spray it. You don't spray the dog--just away from them--it's the noise they hate. She got something the other night and I picked up the can, gave a quick spray and she dropped the item. I picked it up and told her she was a "good girl" (through my gritted teeth). Anyway, since then, when she picks something and runs away with it, all I have to do is pick up the red can and she drops it. I thought I'd share what worked for me. It's really imperative to be able to get something away from her when it could hurt her!
View attachment 89207

LOL, I'm very familiar with the not exactly sincere "good girl." :)

I'm glad the Pet Corrector works for you. I tried to use it on Bella when she was very young and had a probelm with talking back. It just made her bark more. I still have two cans. Maybe I'll try it with her again for some of her other bad habits like jumping on people and toe licking. :p

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
LOL, I'm very familiar with the not exactly sincere "good girl." :)

I'm glad the Pet Corrector works for you. I tried to use it on Bella when she was very young and had a probelm with talking back. It just made her bark more. I still have two cans. Maybe I'll try it with her again for some of her other bad habits like jumping on people and toe licking. :p

Cali, you might give it another try. I've noticed that Winnie responds a lot differently now than she did when she was a puppy. She used to talk back too, to the point that I was afraid I was going to make her worse (with the water bottle!--ugh!) It's supposed to help with jumping on people. I'll have to try it for that, if I can ever remember to do it!

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Winnie is still obsessed with playing keep away, when she's not playing chase the ball. She gets something she's not supposed to have and no one can catch her or pry it out of her mouth. So, when we get in bed at night (that's her fav time to play keep away) we try to put anything she can reach up high. Last night she managed to dig a 5 lb. weight out from under my dresser and jump on the bed with us. This is how she looked:
View attachment 88175 View attachment 88176 She says with that look, "Just try and get it!"
I finally got it away with treats (I was afraid she'd hurt herself--5 lbs. is heavy!), but I feel like I'm rewarding her for being a bad dog!!:chapped:

Haha! I just had to come over to the post you were telling me about! Little stinker! Am I the only one who thinks Bulldogs are like toddlers!? I tell Bentley all the time he is my child......

Members online