Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 23 of 23

Thread: Winnie the weight lifter!

  1. #13
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
    Posts
    1,437
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)
    940

    Default Re: Winnie the weight lifter!

    Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I also have a kleptomaniac on my hands. Frank will grab anything and everything. Vases, pictures, paper, lunchboxes, knives, recently we had a chicken cutlet incident I don't want to talk about, etc....Soooo last night gary and I are in bed for the night, it is about 11:30pm and I hear a car alarm going off.....Yup you guessed right, Frankie stole my keys off of the table and while chewing on them, set off the alarm . We wrestle the keys from my darling little angel and finally get the alarm off. Gary gets up for work this morning and promptly comes back into the room with my sunglasses that were next to my keys, completely chewed up. We still cannot find the one missing arm! Frankie also gives that "I dare you to try and get this back" look. I have given up he is a complete
    Oh Noooo! When you think everything is put up safe, they always manage to find something! Winnie especially enjoys zooming by me really fast as I try to grab her collar. She's way faster than me!

  2. #14
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,962
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2795

    Default Re: Winnie the weight lifter!

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    Oh Noooo! When you think everything is put up safe, they always manage to find something! Winnie especially enjoys zooming by me really fast as I try to grab her collar. She's way faster than me!
    I love that we can all understand the craziness.
    My smooshy face boy!

  3. #15
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,844
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    1147

    Default Re: Winnie the weight lifter!

    Winnie, stop driving mommy crazy!!
    (Shes so cute!!)
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}



    IG: @bellatheenglishbully

  4. #16
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,962
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2795

    Default Re: Winnie the weight lifter!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
    Winnie, stop driving mommy crazy!!
    (Shes so cute!!)
    They are all so cute, that is how they survive. just when you are ready to wring their little (well fat and wrinkley) necks, they hit you with the cute faces!!! That's when I find myself saying, oh it's ok you set my car alarm off just as i was falling asleep. I still wuv you!!!
    My smooshy face boy!

  5. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
  6. #17
    Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,302
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)
    1041

    Default Re: Winnie the weight lifter!

    Gotta get fit for summer!

  7. #18
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    My Otis's Avatar
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,386
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)
    1199

    Default Re: Winnie the weight lifter!

    Winnie is a weight lifter, 5lbs. is heavy for this Baby. She sure looks Adorabull with her weights.

  8. #19
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
    Posts
    1,437
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)
    940

    Default Re: Winnie the weight lifter!

    Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I also have a kleptomaniac on my hands. Frank will grab anything and everything. Vases, pictures, paper, lunchboxes, knives, recently we had a chicken cutlet incident I don't want to talk about, etc....Soooo last night gary and I are in bed for the night, it is about 11:30pm and I hear a car alarm going off.....Yup you guessed right, Frankie stole my keys off of the table and while chewing on them, set off the alarm . We wrestle the keys from my darling little angel and finally get the alarm off. Gary gets up for work this morning and promptly comes back into the room with my sunglasses that were next to my keys, completely chewed up. We still cannot find the one missing arm! Frankie also gives that "I dare you to try and get this back" look. I have given up he is a complete
    So, I posted this thread a while back, and after chasing Winnie with various thing in her mouth (some dangerous, some not) and getting totally bent out of shape with her, I found a cure. I had a can of Pet Corrector that I had bought when she was a puppy, but didn't use it much. I got it at PetsMart. It's a can aerosole can of compressed air that makes a loud hiss when you spray it. You don't spray the dog--just away from them--it's the noise they hate. She got something the other night and I picked up the can, gave a quick spray and she dropped the item. I picked it up and told her she was a "good girl" (through my gritted teeth). Anyway, since then, when she picks something and runs away with it, all I have to do is pick up the red can and she drops it. I thought I'd share what worked for me. It's really imperative to be able to get something away from her when it could hurt her!
    -image-jpg

  9. #20
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,844
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    1147

    Default Re: Winnie the weight lifter!

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    So, I posted this thread a while back, and after chasing Winnie with various thing in her mouth (some dangerous, some not) and getting totally bent out of shape with her, I found a cure. I had a can of Pet Corrector that I had bought when she was a puppy, but didn't use it much. I got it at PetsMart. It's a can aerosole can of compressed air that makes a loud hiss when you spray it. You don't spray the dog--just away from them--it's the noise they hate. She got something the other night and I picked up the can, gave a quick spray and she dropped the item. I picked it up and told her she was a "good girl" (through my gritted teeth). Anyway, since then, when she picks something and runs away with it, all I have to do is pick up the red can and she drops it. I thought I'd share what worked for me. It's really imperative to be able to get something away from her when it could hurt her!
    -image-jpg
    LOL, I'm very familiar with the not exactly sincere "good girl."

    I'm glad the Pet Corrector works for you. I tried to use it on Bella when she was very young and had a probelm with talking back. It just made her bark more. I still have two cans. Maybe I'll try it with her again for some of her other bad habits like jumping on people and toe licking.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}



    IG: @bellatheenglishbully

  10. #21
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
    Posts
    1,437
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)
    940

    Default Re: Winnie the weight lifter!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
    LOL, I'm very familiar with the not exactly sincere "good girl."

    I'm glad the Pet Corrector works for you. I tried to use it on Bella when she was very young and had a probelm with talking back. It just made her bark more. I still have two cans. Maybe I'll try it with her again for some of her other bad habits like jumping on people and toe licking.
    Cali, you might give it another try. I've noticed that Winnie responds a lot differently now than she did when she was a puppy. She used to talk back too, to the point that I was afraid I was going to make her worse (with the water bottle!--ugh!) It's supposed to help with jumping on people. I'll have to try it for that, if I can ever remember to do it!

  11. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
  12. #22
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    My Otis's Avatar
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,386
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)
    1199

    Default Re: Winnie the weight lifter!

    Winnie is going to get muscles in her arms, strong girl.

  13. #23
    Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member KristaB026's Avatar
    Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    170
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    149

    Default Re: Winnie the weight lifter!

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    Winnie is still obsessed with playing keep away, when she's not playing chase the ball. She gets something she's not supposed to have and no one can catch her or pry it out of her mouth. So, when we get in bed at night (that's her fav time to play keep away) we try to put anything she can reach up high. Last night she managed to dig a 5 lb. weight out from under my dresser and jump on the bed with us. This is how she looked:
    Attachment 88175 Attachment 88176 She says with that look, "Just try and get it!"
    I finally got it away with treats (I was afraid she'd hurt herself--5 lbs. is heavy!), but I feel like I'm rewarding her for being a bad dog!!

    Haha! I just had to come over to the post you were telling me about! Little stinker! Am I the only one who thinks Bulldogs are like toddlers!? I tell Bentley all the time he is my child......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •