cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
For those of you who have the Julius K-9 harness, has your bully ever "flown" out of their harness? This has happened twice w/Finn a few months ago and just last night with Tate. Scared me to death last night b/c I just brought both out for their walk and we were in the driveway. Another lady walked by the house w/her dog, and of course the boys got very excited and wanted to run after the other dog. They pulled so hard that Tate's harness ripped open (the Velcro part). So he ran to the sidewalk and luckily didn't go beyond that area and I was able to coax him back in the house.

I wonder if I didn't Velcro it well enough or just the sheer force of them going one way and me pulling their leash the other, was what caused that to happen?:confused:

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
that velcro is pretty strong. Perhaps you did not press hard enough.

Have not had this problem ever but harvey has not had been that excited either to cause problems.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geez, that IS scary!! Hasn't happened to me but Buster is a pretty cool guy when it comes to pulling away.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Hershey is an absolute lunatic when a passing car or lawn mower is near. He pulls full strength everytime I walk him and the harness has held tight. I pray the harness doesn't give out because that's the only thing between him and certain death. He would literally run under passing cars if he wasn't restrained. That's a pretty long strap of Velcro to give out..are you sure it was secured tight?

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the replies. I will definitely check and double-check that velcro strap now. :yes:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
HOLY COW Henny… I can't even believe that he could rip that velcro loose… was it wet or not on tightly?!! That hasn't happened w/us yet…

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
HOLY COW Henny… I can't even believe that he could rip that velcro loose… was it wet or not on tightly?!! That hasn't happened w/us yet…

no, it wasn't wet so i'm suspecting i just didn't have it on tight enough.

I'm looking at the harness right now; do you see that one side has a metal "ring-like" thing on it, as if you're supposed to loop the strap through that? what purpose does that ring serve? I thought i was supposed to loop the strap thru that but it doesn't fit.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
no, it wasn't wet so i'm suspecting i just didn't have it on tight enough.

I'm looking at the harness right now; do you see that one side has a metal "ring-like" thing on it, as if you're supposed to loop the strap through that? what purpose does that ring serve? I thought i was supposed to loop the strap thru that but it doesn't fit.

I just looked at Wally's that metal ring that is super long and thin?!! I have the strap pulled thru it from the front and the velcro is secured from behind it. Does that make sense?!! Lol

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I just looked at Wally's that metal ring that is super long and thin?!! I have the strap pulled thru it from the front and the velcro is secured from behind it. Does that make sense?!! Lol

Yes, that metal thing that is not really a "ring" but more oblong. So, you do have the strap thru there??! i just tried it and yup, the strap does fit! WTH, when i first got the harness i tried pulling the strap thru and found it didn't fit so i always wondered whey they even had that ring there but now i feel better b/c this seems to make the strap more secure. Thanks Tracey!

- - - Updated - - -

I think i deserve a big "No Duh" right now concerning this harness...:blush:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes, that metal thing that is not really a "ring" but more oblong. So, you do have the strap thru there??! i just tried it and yup, the strap does fit! WTH, when i first got the harness i tried pulling the strap thru and found it didn't fit so i always wondered whey they even had that ring there but now i feel better b/c this seems to make the strap more secure. Thanks Tracey!

- - - Updated - - -

Don't feel silly. I was confused as heck when I first got the Julius. Thank goodness for EBN, I referred back here to look at others pictures, haha :) least now those boys will be secure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
That's scary.. wow. I have used Julius K9 harnesses for about 2 years now on my others dogs, and never had any issues with them. The proper fitting is very important. On the top your hand should be able to slide between the dog's back and the harness. On the front about 4 fingers should slide in in order to create the best comfort for your dog. I would suggest you to maybe looking into the Y belt. It is a harness accessory, and would definitely secure your dog from "flying" out of their harness! I attached a link so you can check it out if you would like. Good luck with it, and I'm glad everybody is okay! :)
Julius-K9 main store. Y-belt (162BG-P-0)

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

- - - Updated - - -

Henny, you are cracking me up… Lol When I got the harnesses for my dogs it was already strapped thru there and thank goodness because I would have had NO idea how to assemble it. You should look into that Y strap, that looks very secure!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.