Just a rant

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
So something happened a couple of days ago and I just can't shake it. I was sitting outside with all three of my dogs. Across the street a woman, who looked very sweet grandmother like, was walking two pitbull mixes. When the pitbulls saw my dogs they simply got out of control- barking, carrying on very aggressively. My Boston mixes then decided to run up to the fence and start barking at the pits.

I was trying to get my Bostons in the house when this woman proceeded to cross the street so she was walking her dogs on the other side of the fence. This makes zero sense because the sidewalk ends at my house and there is no where to go but across the street. I can only speculate that she brought her dogs over to say Hi to my dogs. She obviously did not understand that her dogs were behaving aggressively and did not want to say hi.

She then tried to cross the street to go back to the sidewalk she walking originally when Curly decided to come up to the fence to find out what all the commotion was about. He's so innocent hat he just sat in front of my two Bostons and just stared.

Out of no where one of the pit mixes lunged and stuck his snout through hole of the chain link fence, grabbed curly by the lip and shook. The old little lady seemed oblivious to what happened because she could no longer control her dogs at all. (Granted I couldn't get my dogs under control either because they were free roaming in my fenced in yard but my point here is that it could have been avoided had she stayed across the street)

At this point I was able to round up the dogs and take them inside. I inspected curly's lip and it is just a small bite, nothing major.

And here's my rant:

I am not going to blame the breed but I will point a finger at poor ownership. People who do have pitbulls should know that pitbulls are an aggressive breed that need to be trained to not be aggressive. If the owners are not going to take the time to socialize the dog with both humans and other animals to then this is not the right breed for them. Training is also a key factor in this. Pitbulls are a very strong breed and can be dangerous if not trained properly.

Pitbulls can be a great pet but if you're not going to take the time to train them then you shouldn't have one. If you're not going to have the time to train them to walk on a leash, you shouldn't have one. This can truly said about an breed - I mean look how many times we've said how expensive EBs can be and it is a huge financial decision to own one too...

Anyhow I'll end rant now.

9b957edef2916259884c478d1611d3a0.jpg

265136fe9b7ac234666a505b573f3a7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@nubonics You have every right to rant-Your dogs were on their own property,minding their own business! I like to watch Judge Judy,when I can. I can not tell you how many cases their are of idiots who own Pit Bulls,who let them run loose,have them off leash,take them to the dog park,let their 6 year old walk them,etc. I never in my life blamed the dogs,always the owners. Yes, these owners (and that woman you encountered) were at fault, but I believe that many PitBulls ARE dangerous because of the idiots who breed them-the worst to the worst-so they can have "mean" dogs. There are still many dog fighters(underground) and I guess they are everywhere,but I know there are lots in Tn. Petey,on the Little Rascals was a pitbull, and the old fashioned kind. If I were EVEr going to have one, I would research and find a TRUE breeder of originals. Mostly all the dogs in the dog pounds in this area are Pits,and pit mixes. There are ads on the locals every single day for pups-do you think they have good breeding? I wouldn't trust buying from anyone around here for sure. People are so irresponsible! I second your rant!!!! i hope your baby's lip is okay-be sure to keep it cleaned out-dog bites can get infected easily-one good thing is it's in a spot where you can see it well. :pray::lubu:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Awe, poor Curly. That pic :( I'm glad that he is ok. I understand where you're coming from, and this along with many other people's "dog manners" really annoy me. My dog is sweet, he is not aggressive and I don't want him to change. There was a stupid woman on my street who would walk her THREE dogs off leashes. It pissed me off royally bc as soon as they saw us, they would swarm Tyson, and one of the 3 dogs was always aggressive. She acted like an idiot and said awe look they are saying hi to each other. NO STUPID IDIOT, your dog is attacking my dog, and I'm over here trying to get Tyson away bc he's on a leash, and her dog wont' back off. Ugh... I am SO HAPPY she sold her house and moved! While she did live there, if I ever saw her, I would immediately turn around and go the opposite direction, I think she started to get the point after seeing me do it numerous times, but still - WALK YOUR DOGS ON A LEASH! control them, I also can't tell you how many times her dogs were almost hit by cars bc they would just lunge across the street. :mad::nonono:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I am sorry to hear Curly-man was bitten. Imet Curly and he is a true gentleman who is nice to everyone who meets him.

I agree with all the above.

Jewel and Bentley say hello.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Look at that face... what a sweetie!

It is always about a ****-head human that is the problem.... not training or caring the right way for the choosen breed. :stinkeye:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Ugh!...just so irresponsible and potentially a tragedy waiting to happen ;(

Thank god, they couldn't get at your dogs to do more damage! Sending
handsome Curly a soft kiss on his sweet snout, such a good boy!

Scary for a grandmother, older & clueless, to have TWO pit mixes at the
same time, out on the street. I feel the same way when I see little kids walking
pits or pit mixes, alone with no adults around, very stupid.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hey [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Do you know Dick? There are lots of people around here with that name.:w00t::yes:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow, how oblivious can you get. I'm just happy he's ok, I love that second pic. :heart:

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
@Manydogs Curly has been slightly out of it this week because my husband has been away (he's gravitated towards the hubby lol). so I've been giving him a extra attention. fortunately enough he loves to get his wrinkles wiped down, and face pulled so its been so easy to keep an eye on his lip injury. I've been putting a thin layer of triple antibiotic on it after i clean it. It looks like it's healing well but it's in an odd spot that it might reopen .

@TyTysmom 100% agree! I take all three of my dogs for a walk by myself and somehow i taught them all to heel, however, they get excited when they see other dogs so whenever i see other dogs i go across the street, or turn around. It's kind of common sense.

@rjisaterp Send our regards to everyone plus kisses to the pups. I saw your post to us on another thread and failed to respond due to just busy-ness of life. All is going well on this side of the DMV. Stu is away for a bit doing some training so the dogs are definitely keeping me busy! And like you said, Curly is the most chill dog ever, esp with other dogs, people etc, esp for being (almost) 2 years old. I actually have a video of curly being smacked by a plush toy on top of his head multiple times by my friend's 8 month year old baby and he just sat there confused looking at her (I'll post it once my friend gives me permission since her baby is in it).

@2BullyMama agreed!! the right person can make a good dog out of any breed and vice versa. This woman does seem completely overwhelmed. I see her often so they are definitely her dogs. Too many people out there who don't do research on dogs before they get them. As a side note - i just found out this weekend that I'm going to be in north jersey all 4th of july weekend to celebrate my dad's birthday (2nd) and my cousin's (5th). We'll need to make plans another time I'm up on a less hectic weekend :)

- - - Updated - - -

thank you for the well wishes everyone! :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
My patience is at an all time low lately. Had I been in your place, I would have brought my dogs inside, then I would have let her have it big time.

In the last 2.5 years I've owned Blue (and he's my first dog so I've only owned dogs for 2.5 years..) I've learned that people are completely oblivious to what their precious dogs can do. These are the people that cartoons are written about - the ones so dumb, you can feel your brain cells die off when they speak.
I swear these folks are the poster children for birth control.

Thank God all he got was a slight cut on his lip. But if you see that lady again, you should let her know just how stupid she is.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
i hate when people nonchalantly keep their dogs off leash and then say whoa, my dog has never done that before when her/his dog attacked another.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=7373]g8erjackie[/MENTION] - will do! he's being spoiled this week with stu being away so now he has an extra angle for some additional treats!
[MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION] Trust me if she was still around by the time I got the dogs in I would have went off but my attention was to make sure Curly's lip was okay. In this type of situation, in which I'm not even sure if the woman spoke English because all of her commands were in Spanish and she did speak broken English, I honestly don't know if I would have gotten anywhere. They say, never argue with a fool because from the distance you can't tell who is who. But if I do see her again I am going to try to talk to her...maybe she need some guidance.
[MENTION=12554]harveyspecter[/MENTION] 100% agree!!

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I agree with all of the above, give your baby a hug from me ....

it don't matter what breed it is, when there's a bad owner involved there's no hope for any dog.
Crap I know, unil stronger laws where humans get hammered the cycle will continue x

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.