tear stains

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
how do i start eliminating what is causing archies bad stains ,ive recently put him on a raw diet and they seem to be getting worse ,any ideas how to claen or get rid of them or are they a part of a bully
:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::(:pray:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
how do i start eliminating what is causing archies bad stains ,ive recently put him on a raw diet and they seem to be getting worse ,any ideas how to claen or get rid of them or are they a part of a bully
:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::(:pray:

How recently did you start the raw? If he has never been on raw before, he could be detoxing. I had no idea this happened until we started Tyson on raw. He started shedding, had tear stains, vomited etc.... I kept on with the raw, and learned by researching that his body was detoxing. His stool was also different, and had a coating type casing - another sign of detox. Not saying this is is, but definitely a possibility. I think we went through it for about 2 weeks or so, and now all is fine. No more shedding, stains, etc.

Lastly, it "could" just always be an issue if the stains are being caused from environmental allergies :/

OP
Paul Stott

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
well ive been gradually getting his dry food down ,ie ive been mixing it in with his food hes 80% raw now been doing this over 2/3 wks ,his stools are different aswell very solid ,n coating yes aswell no vomiting ,hes only nearly 6 month ... do the stains go on there own or do you have to treat them

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
well ive been gradually getting his dry food down ,ie ive been mixing it in with his food hes 80% raw now been doing this over 2/3 wks ,his stools are different aswell very solid ,n coating yes aswell no vomiting ,hes only nearly 6 month ... do the stains go on there own or do you have to treat them

They went away on their own. It did take roughly 2 weeks or so, since you are still transitioning, you may notice it longer.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.