Thread: tear stains

Default tear stains

how do i start eliminating what is causing archies bad stains ,ive recently put him on a raw diet and they seem to be getting worse ,any ideas how to claen or get rid of them or are they a part of a bully

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: tear stains

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stott View Post
    how do i start eliminating what is causing archies bad stains ,ive recently put him on a raw diet and they seem to be getting worse ,any ideas how to claen or get rid of them or are they a part of a bully
    How recently did you start the raw? If he has never been on raw before, he could be detoxing. I had no idea this happened until we started Tyson on raw. He started shedding, had tear stains, vomited etc.... I kept on with the raw, and learned by researching that his body was detoxing. His stool was also different, and had a coating type casing - another sign of detox. Not saying this is is, but definitely a possibility. I think we went through it for about 2 weeks or so, and now all is fine. No more shedding, stains, etc.

Lastly, it "could" just always be an issue if the stains are being caused from environmental allergies :/

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

well ive been gradually getting his dry food down ,ie ive been mixing it in with his food hes 80% raw now been doing this over 2/3 wks ,his stools are different aswell very solid ,n coating yes aswell no vomiting ,hes only nearly 6 month ... do the stains go on there own or do you have to treat them

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stott View Post
    well ive been gradually getting his dry food down ,ie ive been mixing it in with his food hes 80% raw now been doing this over 2/3 wks ,his stools are different aswell very solid ,n coating yes aswell no vomiting ,hes only nearly 6 month ... do the stains go on there own or do you have to treat them
    They went away on their own. It did take roughly 2 weeks or so, since you are still transitioning, you may notice it longer.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads