Hey guy NEED HELP

Jaime Jimmy Ramirez

Oct 1, 2014
boston, mass
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hazel
Hey guys need help!! So I spayed my bulldog!! And now she has seroma anybody had this any tips doctor told me to have her calm and it be gone in a month

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not 100% sure what it is, but a quick look on PetMd is that is is a swelling of the incision... if yes, keep her calm and ice the area a few times a day 20 mins on 20 mins off

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Just make sure the area doesn't get unusually warm or she doesn't start running a fever. Did the vet give an antibiotic to have on hand in case an infection starts? I am really not familiar with this. I hope she heals soon.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm so sorry, offering prayers for her & hugs for you.
Please keep us updated, I'm researching it now, my
computer's acting up, ugh!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
How long ago was she spayed? She could be having a bad reaction to the stiches and the area could get infected. My boy had huge fluid build up on his wound and needed antibiotics. The wound also started leaking fluids just out of the blue, so if that happens don't freak out like I did.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hey guys need help!! So I spayed my bulldog!! And now she has seroma anybody had this any tips doctor told me to have her calm and it be gone in a month
It is a fluid filled sack. The fluid should be assorbed by the body over time. Monitor it as it may calcify (I.e., harden).

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It is a fluid filled sack. The fluid should be assorbed by the body over time. Monitor it as it may calcify (I.e., harden).

Yes this is exactly correct, very common to happen (also in c-sections) but doesn't mean you should not keep an eye on it, check it several times a day and look for red angry skin around the incision, or puss leaking out, these are signs of infection. Otherwise it should go away over time.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)

Ok now I am worried. I had never heard of a seroma so I looked it up. My pup was spayed 4 days ago and I noticed a slight bulge where her incision site is. It's not terribly noticeable but when she laid on her back I cupped my hand and placed it on her belly and it just feels a bit tough. I've been debating if it's just scar tissue or if it deserves another trip to the vet. Her incision looks great no redness what so ever-they did laser surgery with no external sutures.

Anyway, what made you think something was amiss to carry your girl in? Do you have pictures you could share? I may give my vet a call in the a.m. just to calm my worries.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Ok now I am worried. I had never heard of a seroma so I looked it up. My pup was spayed 4 days ago and I noticed a slight bulge where her incision site is. It's not terribly noticeable but when she laid on her back I cupped my hand and placed it on her belly and it just feels a bit tough. I've been debating if it's just scar tissue or if it deserves another trip to the vet. Her incision looks great no redness what so ever-they did laser surgery with no external sutures.

Anyway, what made you think something was amiss to carry your girl in? Do you have pictures you could share? I may give my vet a call in the a.m. just to calm my worries.
You might want to take to the vet anyway...to rule out an incisional hernia. It is probably not that and I am not a vet.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
You might want to take to the vet anyway...to rule out an incisional hernia. It is probably not that and I am not a vet.

I actually emailed the vet photos and he asked me to come in so he could confirm what it was. Turns out it is an allergic type reaction to the internal sutures. No abscess or hernia and should resolve on its own. I knew it just didn't look quite right but am glad at this point we just monitor the area to make sure it improves.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I actually emailed the vet photos and he asked me to come in so he could confirm what it was. Turns out it is an allergic type reaction to the internal sutures. No abscess or hernia and should resolve on its own. I knew it just didn't look quite right but am glad at this point we just monitor the area to make sure it improves.
That is great news. Sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online