I got franks portrait painted

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
ah yes... the crazy dog mom behavior continues!! My friend is an absolutely amazing pet portrait artist. All watercolor if you can believe it. I finally got off of her waiting list, and she is currently working on frank. I am just so excited for this, I had to share some progress pictures. here he is :)
I am also thinking of getting this as a tattoo... I really can't put into words how much frank means to me, but at least everyone here totally understands where I'm coming from. I'll post the finish painting when she's done with it!!

x6a6g4.png

33ndicm.png

I also had her paint my parents two deceased shelties and their current one for christmas as well as my brothers two dogs, and they absolutely loved it, tears were definitely shed. she has a way of capturing the spirit of the dog without even meeting him/her.

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
i am especially happy with it because I told her 'leave the wandering eye in, but take out the warts' and I think she did wonderful job on both of those requests :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
This is absolutely amazing. The eyes looks so real! incredible and a treasure to have!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Amazing!! She really captured his spirit! I could tell that immediately.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW...just WOW

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
It's amazing! The line between photograph and painting is very, very fine.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Boy, she did a great job! That would also be a great tattoo! It totally captured Frank!!! Love it!
@madie4589

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Wow! That looks fantastic! I can't wait to see you post a picture of the final painting! It would also definitely make a neat tattoo. Frank is just too adorable.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.