bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Radar is 4 weeks post op on his acl did fantastic his first couple of weeks stayed calm and didn't want to play run jump, think he was all drugged up, he was swollen we thought that is normal but didn't go down and he got worse was limping more and seemed sore to the touch so took him to our regular she felt around thought all felt good except all the fluid. In the end drained over 90cc of fluid off his knee took x ray before and after and emailed to the surgeon who did surgery for him to have a look he emailed back that they needed to talk about his knee they have been playing phone tag for 2 days and it's now the weekend so have to wait 2 more days to hear anything. What could it be? I am a wreck with not knowing what it could or couldn't be. Anyone advice or tips to make me quit assuming the worst[emoji51]

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
On a happier note he has lost 4 lbs and we have hired a new trainer to work with him and our son when he is healed

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Don't be a wreck... Keep doing what you are - keep
Him calm and ice the knee every few hours... 20 mins on 20 off that will help with swelling. If it was infected or anything worse they would have done something more than drain it --- sending positive thoughts

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm so sorry you're going through this worry with Radar, it's the worst when Doctors call you and tell you something is wrong with a test or result, and then you have to wait to find out what it is, because they won't tell you over the phone, then when you go it's something minor, or they have to redo a test because the first one wasn't clear, and then it's nothing. Try not to worry, ( I know easier said than done), I hope Radar is okay. Sending love, hugs and prayers and positive thought for you and Radar.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sending best wishes for Radar. I have had to have fluid drained from behind my knee several times, with something called Baker's cysts. That is not too big a deal. Maybe his body just reacted to the surgery by building up some fluid on the injured area. Hoping it is just that simple.:pray:

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
I am so sorry you are going through this. I don't really have any advice, other than I would think if it was anything serious, the surgeon would've told your vet to keep Radar so they could monitor him. My guess is that Radar is just healing more slowly and the surgeon wants to make sure everything is being done to help with recovery. Good luck!

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Still waiting to talk to the vet but she left me a message this morning that he needs to go back in. I am devastated and nervous to Put him under again what did I do wrong that has caused this we tried so hard to keep him calm. More to come when I actually talk to the vet

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's so easy to think the worst in cases like this, try to stay calm and like Christine said try to keep him calm. The vets will figure it out and he'll be back to his normal self soon. Try not to worry to much, everything will work out.

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Just talked to the vet radar has 2 fractures in the little bone in his leg (can't remember which one) and his hip is out of place. Not sure how this happened we have been so careful with him. Out surgeon thinks it needs fixed asap and will fit us in so off to the clinic again Monday or Tuesday

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Well, this just stinks :(

So sorry this is happening and know how worried
you are feeling, big hugs and even bigger prayers
that all goes smoothly, Radar gets all issues taken
care of once & forever and life goes on with only
blessings for y'all...Amen!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just talked to the vet radar has 2 fractures in the little bone in his leg (can't remember which one) and his hip is out of place. Not sure how this happened we have been so careful with him. Out surgeon thinks it needs fixed asap and will fit us in so off to the clinic again Monday or Tuesday

Damn... So sorry little man is going to need surgery--- prayers it all goes well

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So sorry to hear about your little fella'. Definitely sending prayers for a good outcome for him.:pray:

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
Oh no.. Poor Radar.. Sending many prayers for healing and good prognosis. :pray:

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
We dropped him off at the clinic tonight so hopefully doc can fit him in tomorrow our house feels so quiet tonight not sure how I can make it 2 nights with no kisses or potty breaks 😩

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Good News!! I just got off the phone with the surgeon and he can't believe how well Radar is walking. Took another set of x-rays this morning and he has broken 2 of the 6 screws but his knee is healing as it should and his hip is off, but he thinks that is more due to his minor hip dysplasia. So no surgery :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.