What is this?!

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
I Was inspecting taco over, and he's been paying lots of attention to this paw as of late, it looks like an in grown nail in his paw... Only one, any clue what the heck this is? It doesn't seem to bother him.

e7c9d42b5e98ef81f07a61da40fbcec4.jpg

840452e087b86662b71ef633d7fc04b3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I Was inspecting taco over, and he's been paying lots of attention to this paw as of late, it looks like an in grown nail in his paw... Only one, any clue what the heck this is? It doesn't seem to bother him.

e7c9d42b5e98ef81f07a61da40fbcec4.jpg

840452e087b86662b71ef633d7fc04b3.jpg

Is that underneath his paw pads? That is definitely a nail - it actually looks like a dewclaw.... Does he have one on that paw? but why it would be under there I have no clue it has to bother him in someway have you ever had the vet look at that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Well, my wife did some research, and she found some information out. This can be caused by the papillomavirus, it's called a Cutaneous Horn. If you google this, you will be pretty grossed out (it can happen in people also.)

Upon a little more investigation, I found that it's probably a Keratoma, which can also be caused by foreign objects located inside the paw, such as sand or glass. I came to this conclusion as over the winter, Taco hurt his paws at the dog park, and I'm led to believe he probably got something lodged in there. Oye vey.

- - - Updated - - -

have you ever had the vet look at that?

Nope, just found it tonight, and posted right up on EBDN.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Well, my wife did some research, and she found some information out. This can be caused by the papillomavirus, it's called a Cutaneous Horn. If you google this, you will be pretty grossed out (it can happen in people also.)

Upon a little more investigation, I found that it's probably a Keratoma, which can also be caused by foreign objects located inside the paw, such as sand or glass. I came to this conclusion as over the winter, Taco hurt his paws at the dog park, and I'm led to believe he probably got something lodged in there. Oye vey.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, just found it tonight, and posted right up on EBDN.

Wow! Totally crazy! So what does it say you do? Have it removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Consult a vet seems to be the average CYA answer

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow... That is bizarre--- let us know how it turns out with the vet.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
This is a first time I've seen this...:ohmy: Keep us posted!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Poor Taco, absolutely let us know how this turn out.

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
Cutaneous horn. Some get those pretty regular and some get the extra skin(keratitis). The vet office usually clips the horns down and they often come back. It looks weird,but it isn't a problem unless ithe horn turns into the paw or pad.

- - - Updated - - -

Cutaneous horn. Some get those pretty regular and some get the extra skin(keratitis). The vet office usually clips the horns down and they often come back. It looks weird,but it isn't a problem unless ithe horn turns into the paw or pad.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow! Like an extra nail for no reason, hopefully the vet will get him all fixed up. I'd ask the vet if there's any others too. Thanks for sharing this i had no idea.

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
It's apparently genetic. Leave it to Taco to come up with something weird like this. Probably a benign tumor, we will have it removed in the next month or so. He wants to put Taco under to remove it, makes me nervous, Taco is like a child to me...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online