xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
So I have noticed that she is ALWAYS hungry. The first thing she does when we let her out is look for left overs in Jovi or Bella's bowl. Which is normal in a puppy. However I am thinking maybe I am not feeding her enough. I feed her 1/4 cups 4 times a day. So essentially I am feeding her a cup a day. She is now 14 weeks so I feel her intake should be more? Have I been underfeeding her all this time? Any suggestions would be great. Also I am feeding her the Fromm's Puppy Prairie Gold.

Sorry I just looked closer at the measuring cups and the one I use for Tali is 1/3 And I use that 4 times a day. So it is 1 and 1/3 however, that really seems low. I think I got the wrong information on how much to feed her. Now I am a bad momma!! :fie:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
That does seem a bit low. Many feed either 1 cup twice or 3 times a day depending on age and how their poo looks. For Harlea she get 1 cup twice a day and any more than that she has runny poo.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Here is a great guideline that I try to follow:

8 weeks1/2 cup 3 times a day
12 weeks2/3 to 3/4 cup 3 times a day
4 & 5 months3/4 cup 3 times a day
6 months to 1 year1.25 to 1.5 cups twice a day

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Here is a great guideline that I try to follow:

8 weeks1/2 cup 3 times a day
12 weeks2/3 to 3/4 cup 3 times a day
4 & 5 months3/4 cup 3 times a day
6 months to 1 year1.25 to 1.5 cups twice a day

Awesome! Thanks guys. Now I feel like I have been neglecting her :( You cant see her ribs or anything, but she is thin. I just thought it was her OLDE in her.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi April, you have been given great advice already. When my guys were puppies, I fed them 1 cup 3 X a day until they were 7 months old. Growing puppies need the extra fat and calories for their rapid growth. Then we switched them to adult dog food and reduced their feedings to 1 cup twice a day.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
We use to feed the pups 1 cup 3x a day and about a month ago switched to 3/4 cup 3x a day, the pups are 8 & 9 months now.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella is 8 months old. I've been giving her 1 cup, twice a day for several months now. I also add coconut oil and fish oil to her meals...which add a lot of calories I think.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I will def up her intake! She will be thrilled haha. Oh here is the latest of the two image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg oh and everyone keeps asking but no I didn't position them like this. Tali did it all on her own!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.