Toxic Essential Oils..

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
OK I'm wanting to do some kind of natural insect repellent for Wheezie and Abbott other than Frontline.What is toxic that you know of for bulldogs as far as oils go? I read up on Natu Repel Oil and was concerned about the garlic oil.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Not sure off the top of my head but a quick and easy insect repellent is steeping lemons in water for 2 hours then putting it in a spray bottle. We do the same thing with lemons and lavender which makes a nice smelling bug spray good for both bullies and humans.j

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I just made my own as well. I used 4 drops of tree oil and 4 drops of lavender oil mixed with a cup of distilled water. This came from dog safe home made mosquito repellant search. They smell great!

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
I've been using the nature repel oil this summer and so far had no problems. I doubt garlic would be an issue as many people use this as a supplement in dogs. I am more worried about them licking the stuff off. I mainly apply it on their back, belly & ears and then lightly rub their legs. Mine aren't obsessive leg lickers though.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online