Peeing bulldog

Verenabean24

May 29, 2015
Seattle Washington
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
How often should my bulldog need to go out to go potty? I live in a condo and I try to take him out almost every hour when I am home because he drinks quit a bit of water. At first he never had accidents but the past couple of days I have noticed he has had a couple. Am I not taking him out enough? Or is something else going on?

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
Depends on his age Puppies can only hold it for awhile. Every hour is excessive and drinking large amounts of water is often a symptom of kidney disease. If he is drinking a lot he should produce urine proportionate to that.

OP
Verenabean24

Verenabean24

May 29, 2015
Seattle Washington
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
Ug great. Wasn't thinking along those lines. It's been hot here so I was thinking he is sensitive to that

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
I can relate to heat. We are expecting a high of 97 today.
We lost one to acute renal (kidney) failure. Her bloodwork was fine just eight months prior. wow. I still can't really talk about that. It's been four years.

Please get bloodwork done regularly. Kidney numbers are the BUN and CREA on the results sheet. Some kidney issues can be treated if caught early enough.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sending prayers it's not a UTI or serious issue but I would take him
for a vet checkup. Please let us know how he is...hugs!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was also going to ask ago of pup.... but I would have him checked for a UTI

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
How old is your bully?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I would also chime in to say vet visit is in order to check for possible UTI.

OP
Verenabean24

Verenabean24

May 29, 2015
Seattle Washington
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
quick update, took him in for his dental appointment yesterday and they did blood work and everything and he is just fine. So I think the heat was just stressing him out. This has been the first week of pretty high temps so he just isnt use to it. I have since gotten a pretty good fan and its really cool in our home now. He is doing great. And as far as his dental. If anyone read my post about having him getting his teeth cleaned by the vet...im very glad I went thru with it because they found two loose teeth on top that needed to come out. Most adviced me that they raised their pups up to have healthy teeth but unfortunetly Walter came to me later so he didnt have that chance so this was the best option for him. But im happy to report the procedure went very well and if anyone has any questions about it please let me know! cause I was very worried before I had it done for him. but now I am very glad I did it.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
quick update, took him in for his dental appointment yesterday and they did blood work and everything and he is just fine. So I think the heat was just stressing him out. This has been the first week of pretty high temps so he just isnt use to it. I have since gotten a pretty good fan and its really cool in our home now. He is doing great. And as far as his dental. If anyone read my post about having him getting his teeth cleaned by the vet...im very glad I went thru with it because they found two loose teeth on top that needed to come out. Most adviced me that they raised their pups up to have healthy teeth but unfortunetly Walter came to me later so he didnt have that chance so this was the best option for him. But im happy to report the procedure went very well and if anyone has any questions about it please let me know! cause I was very worried before I had it done for him. but now I am very glad I did it.

Great news, and thank you for the update! I am glad he is healthy and that his dental procedure went well! Give him lots of hugs :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.