Talk to your Bulldog lol

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
How many of you literally talk to your bulldog and she or he knows what you're saying. I mean I tell my boo that she needs to stop scratching or I am going to have to put the cone on her. She stops. I tell her to quit snoring cause I can't hear the tv and she looks at me and walks away but she stops. I tell her if she wants to go see Bodine or Harley and she goes over to the car for Bodine and begins walking down the driveway if she wants to see Harley. I ask her is she will let me put her drops in her eyes and she will come over to me an let me or she will walk into the other room if not. I tell her to go into the bathroom that it's time for a bath and she will either go into the bathroom and get into the bathtub or run the other way. So many more things that she does that cracks me up because I am single and I swear she reminds me of an old lady like we are two roommates just hanging out together for life. Let me know some of the things you talk about with your bully. I am interested to hear. Thanks and god bless.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I talk to them about everything, they know exactly what I mean... or at least I think they do:ashamed: They appear to know lots of words but I think they know what's going on depending on how I act. Somehow they know we are going for a walk hours before I know it's going to happen... I'm staring to wonder if they are not manipulating me into taking them for walks by acting like we are going... smart asses, lol.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I am single and I swear she reminds me of an old lady like we are two roommates just hanging out together for life.

Oh, this was a funny line!! I could so relate b/c I'm single too and I am constantly talking to the boys about everything (mainly bc i have no one else to talk to).

They mostly just give me a blank look unless I'm saying words like "snack" "cookie" "mum mum" (means food). They're highly food-motivated as you can tell. But, they do understand when I tell them, "okay, it's time for a walk now" b/c they immediately run away from me (dang bulldogs!), or if I say, "wanna go outside now?", then they eagerly scramble to the backdoor to go into the yard.

Basically, they are my confidants, and the best therapists I've ever had. I can share anything with them...such good listeners. :D

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We talk a lot with Castor, but he's a teenager with selective hearing. He definitely knows family members' names, though, as well as the names of his toys and words like 'kitchen', 'balcony', and 'go home'. 'Out' is not a word he listens to unless I shake a bag with treats too (so he probably thinks 'out' means 'treat'). And if he refuses to walk when we're out, I can often get him moving by whispering 'where's the rabbit?'.

OP
boo boo butts mom

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
I thought my son was always making it hard for me to date, well my Boo ain't no different. My mom walked out of my bathroom the other day and said "who were you talking to"? lol I said Boo! I misplaced the lid to her eye stuff and I was asking her if she knew where I put it. lololol. I think she is a Einstein Bulldog if you ask me. Oh the conversations we have lol, wouldn't my Mom like to know hahaha. She knows I love me some baby bullies and I know she does to so I watch videos and tell her let's watch the babies and she cries and cries but I repeatedly play them so she can sit and watch them over and over but she knows they are babies and I love watching her watch the videos. And yeah I can so relate to not having a huge amount of people to talk to but everyone knows about Boo. Next subject I am sure they are wanting to talk about. Boo, Boo, Boo.

OP
boo boo butts mom

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
When I cook and Boo is all up in my space I know she is wanting my food which ain''t happening. I say are you begging and she turns the other way and leaves. If she is on a food strike which sometimes she does that to me especially when I do a bland diet I tell her not until you eat your food can you do whatever it is she is wanting to do or sometimes she will just be chilling on the couch for long periods of times and I tell her to get up, go get something to drink and she drags herself off of the couch and goes and gets something to drink and if I feel it isn't enough cause sometimes she is just a bit lazy and don't want to leave the comfort of the couch I tell her that ain't enough lol now get some more hahaha. She will. My FAMOUS word to her is REALLY? Almost everything silly thing or retarded thing she does I say REALLY? Like did you just do that Boo and she stops as though to say I know I can't believe I did that!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Since Banks was such a beeeotchy girl, I used to have heart to hearts with her all the time. Asking her to not be so pushy or nasty to her little brother... I swear she knew what I was saying and she'd either go lay on the sofa or wait for me to leave the room and start all over again. She also knew certain words and hated the word CAR, she hid best she could when that word was said as she hated car rides.

With our first bully, Nitschke, we had many words we had to spell because he knew them and would go crazy if he heard them... I also would ask him to let me give his needle or pills and most times, he would get sad and just lay on the floor like 'go ahead , get it over with'

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yep, I talk to Tyson all the time. I would say 95% he understands exactly what I'm telling him, I think the other 5% is just stubborn "I'm not listening to you mom" its mostly on walks when he doesn't want to go back inside, LOL

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
I talk to Wheezie and Abbott all the time.I will sing to them and dance and they look at me like I'm crazy but I think they know most of what goes on.We can tell them to go to the truck and they will or we say its bedtime and up they go to their crate.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online