Anybody work from home with your EBD?

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Taco has the life. I take him out early in the morning, my wife comes home to take him out at lunch, I'm normally home by 5:30pm to let him out, and then we do several quick walks in the evening. We play with him when we come home, and I try to exhaust him on the weekends and evenings.

Today I worked from home, and for lack of better words, what an attention whore! He's dropped his toy at my feet, and if I don't pay attention he growls until it turns into barking. He chews my sandals or feet if I don't give him the attention he feels he deserves! It's non stop! I took him to the dog park, walks, even played with him for an hour! He has SO much energy! It's been like this recently, even when we come home at nights. It's like having a 3 year old toddler on steroids who doesn't speak English!

Anybody else ever face this?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Taco has the life. I take him out early in the morning, my wife comes home to take him out at lunch, I'm normally home by 5:30pm to let him out, and then we do several quick walks in the evening. We play with him when we come home, and I try to exhaust him on the weekends and evenings.

Today I worked from home, and for lack of better words, what an attention whore! He's dropped his toy at my feet, and if I don't pay attention he growls until it turns into barking. He chews my sandals or feet if I don't give him the attention he feels he deserves! It's non stop! I took him to the dog park, walks, even played with him for an hour! He has SO much energy! It's been like this recently, even when we come home at nights. It's like having a 3 year old toddler on steroids who doesn't speak English!

Anybody else ever face this?

Hate to tell you this, but ............... It's totally normal. LOL :D

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
When I worked full time from home, Blue drove me nuts. I had to baby gate him off in the kitchen. He would do the same thing, but it didn't stop with barking. If I still ignored him, he would stand on his hind legs and put his paws on my arm. If I still wouldn't play, he would gently bite me. I mean he would not let up until I gave in.

So yeah, perfectly normal.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yep. Everyday except when I travel. We have a routine and Harlea will snooze and lounge on her bed in her play pen or even stare out the window. Then at lunch she joins me on the couch after her potty break and them a power nap for about 30 minutes and then back to her bed in my office while I Finish out my day. Then it is play time. Occasionally she will go nap on the couch or plop down at the back door to watch the birds and squirrels.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Yeah, I work from home one day a week. Bella's pretty good, I have to say. She'll play by herself or nap most of the day.

It's on in the evenings, though. She has post-dinner zoomies, during which she tries to knock me off my feet. I also think she tries to trip me when I'm coming down the stairs. LOL

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I work from home most of the time...no problemo...you can see my office assistants in my signature....

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
When I worked full time from home, Blue drove me nuts. I had to baby gate him off in the kitchen. He would do the same thing, but it didn't stop with barking. If I still ignored him, he would stand on his hind legs and put his paws on my arm. If I still wouldn't play, he would gently bite me. I mean he would not let up until I gave in.

So yeah, perfectly normal.

Haha, so THIS. He constantly tries to climb into my lap, or gently gnaw on whatever he can get his teeth into, bottom of the chair, toes, my arm. Our condo was NOT bulldog proof when we came in. We have these large barn doors on all the rooms except for the bathrooms. They are on rollers, big and wooden, and slide right to left. Taco has worked out that he can get up against the wall, put down his gigantic head, and push them open like a bull. My wife truly thought this is how they got their name (from the way he charges into things to get his way, lol.) There is no room sacred. We are probably strange in that we don't have a crate for him. He's always had free reign, and he is well behaved, but man, the attention this guy craves is unbelievable!

I work from home most of the time...no problemo...you can see my office assistants in my signature....

What a lucky duck! Hopefully without sounding terrible, we adopted Taco thinking he was 5+ years old. We expected a guy who was going to be mellowed out, but still a good time. The adoption agency pinned him at 5yrs, as the folks that surrendered him tore the bottom of his breeding papers off that had his age on it. We think because it required him to be surrendered to a possible out of state breeder, but can only speculate. Our vet placed him at 2, maybe 3 based on his teeth, so there is that!

No regrets, I wanted a puppy, and my wife wanted to adopt, so we are not far off from what we expected, just makes me reconsider being ready for children!

ineavelle

Jul 15, 2014
Country
u.s
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I work from home at least once a week and my baby Max is not so much into playing but he sure does want the attention! He'll be on the bed with me (I usually have my laptop on my lap) and he will either push the laptop with his head and lay his head and cuddle (which I can't resist) or actually lay that big head on my keyboard so that I can't type and what do you know, require my attention. I am not complaining, I love all the attention that he wants from me. And then of course he falls alseep and the music begins!!

Max on keyboard.JPG20140922_125214_resized.jpg

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Yes I do and when I am working FTSE just lays under my desk and sleeps

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Yup my boy is exactly the same. I am not even allowed to read a book! And when i am using the iPad he pushes the ipad away with his head. or soon as he knows i'm up, he would go to his toy box, get a ball or any toy he's in the mood to play with that time and drops it on my head fully salivated lol. and if he's ignored, he would just keep on dropping the ball to my head or keep pushing it to my face. Attention whore yup yup.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I had to stop working at home cause Cheli insisted on being in my lap and Banks had ti be at my feet-- it was too hard to focus, however the b/f has no issue... The kids sleep all day when he is working at home:stinkeye:

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I am supposed to be working from home. I'm a glass artist and when I'm working I absolutely can't be interrupted. I work at a torch with molten glass and if I have to get up, I ruin whatever I'm making. I knew it would be impossible to work for a while when we got Winnie, but my goodness, it's been 9 months! Luckily, I don't have to make a living doing this. When I teach workshops, I'm away from home. I'm beginning to see rays of hope with Winnie. She is now more interested in looking out of the window of my studio than scarfing up and swallowing all the dangerous stuff in there. But I have the same problems y'all have. She constantly wants to play ball or whatever. When I try to keep her out with the baby gate, she whines and barks (that's until she learned to jump over the baby gate). And, you know, I just can't help but wonder what she's doing when she's quiet and I can't see her--I have to get up and go look!

When I had older dogs, they would mostly lay around and let me work. I'm hoping Winnie will do that when she's older!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
When I work from home the only thing that interrupts me is Tyson chopping down trees right next to me! He snores as loud as a man sometimes! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
When I work from home the only thing that interrupts me is Tyson chopping down trees right next to me! He snores as loud as a man sometimes! Ha!

It's ok to admit that you love the sounds of his snore people.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
It's ok to admit that you love the sounds of his snore people.

I can't sleep without it! My baby. But I'm sure my clients wonder otherwise - lol bc they probably thinks it's a person, not a bully :) haha

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.