Off-leash play areas

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
There's this dog event this weekend that focus on rescues and thought that it'll be fun for Stig to attend. There's an opportunity for him to play in an off-leash area with dogs 25lb and up for a couple of hours. I've never had him off-leash in a large area before, even dog parks. Does anyone have any advice/warnings about what to do ie. what to look for, etc?

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
I'd keep him on leash using a harness, until the other dogs and him have finished their butt sniffing introductions. You'll know by the end of that whether you can give free reign or not.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'd keep him on leash using a harness, until the other dogs and him have finished their butt sniffing introductions. You'll know by the end of that whether you can give free reign or not.

Good advice ... :up:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION], I not only keep and extra close eye on Vegas at the unleashed fenced in dog park, but I watch other dogs around him like a hawk! I unleash him immediately so that he does not feel threatened being on a leash while all the others are loose. But believe me I stand like a black cloud over him until all the butt sniffing is done. I have taken him probably 5 times in the last year and only had to leave once due to another dog grabbing his neck rolls and pulling and the owner DID NOTHING about it, I pulled Vegas away a few times only for Vegas to fall in :luv: with the damn dog that was pulling his neck rolls. We left.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Ugh, doesn't sound good to me, but then maybe I'm just over-protective. We don't do dog parks, and the only time the girls go off leash is when we go to a little park in our neighborhood when only Arrow, Gertie and Ida are there. I'm just afraid of who they may run into, what they may catch. I think I'd take him and just keep him on his leash and walk around with him.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.