Winnie's New Game

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Winnie is driving me crazy with her new favorite game. She gets something she's absolutely not supposed to have (which she very well knows) and runs away from me when I try to get it away from her. She runs really fast and goes over and under stuff and there is no way I can catch her. She loves this game so much that even a treat won't get her to let me catch her. My best chance is to totally ignore her, but as I type this she's chewing on a stick she brought in from outside that she really shouldn't have. Anyone have a solution?:evil:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is messin with you!! :giggle: Seriously, it has to be a HIGH valued treat... piece of meat or cheese maybe?

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
She's evil! Cheese doesn't work. She especially loves the toys the grand babies play with when they come over. Really Winnie? The cast metal cars?! It would be funny if it wasn't so maddening. She waits until I'm so close and then zooms away! I'm too old for this!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
HAHA, sounds like Winnie is playing Tate's favorite game called Chase! He does that to me too but it's not something he shouldn't have, it's usually his toy and he expects me to run after him. Like you, Donna, I'm too old for that too...my knees and back always hurt after a round of chase :(

Best thing is to ignore Winnie. If it's a dangerous object she grabs tho, you're gonna need to trade something she wants even more for it. A spoonful of peanut butter or some steak??

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Winnie is driving me crazy with her new favorite game. She gets something she's absolutely not supposed to have (which she very well knows) and runs away from me when I try to get it away from her. She runs really fast and goes over and under stuff and there is no way I can catch her. She loves this game so much that even a treat won't get her to let me catch her. My best chance is to totally ignore her, but as I type this she's chewing on a stick she brought in from outside that she really shouldn't have. Anyone have a solution?:evil:

anything that she is willing to trade for... high value treat like hmmmn, rib eye

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
oh i feel for you..
if Blue has something he really wants, i can't bribe him with food either. try getting some very high value like already suggested. something he hardly ever gets. if it smells good enough, he will drop the stick..

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome to my life, except with Frankie it is usually a cell phone, bread knife, flash light, bagels, pictures, car keys, I really could go on all night! The only thing that works to get him to drop it is cheese or cold cuts! If he wasn't so darned cute, I would wring his fat neck!

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Hearing all these funny stories about your bullies makes me want to give Goob an extra hug. I can leave ANYTHING on the floor and he won't even try to get it whether we are here or not. He doesn't go for anything but his toys. We spent some time sleeping on the floor when he hurt his leg and I had my Bible, glasses, contact case, and phone on the floor all day long. Sometimes I will drop food on the floor while I'm cooking and if it isn't meant, he won't lunge for it. What a good boy...at least, in this area:yes:

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
When Bella has a toy she really wants, it would take food to get her to release it. If I don't have a goodie in my hand, she'll hold on like grim death.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
When they were younger I had that problem... drives you absolute mad cos it's scary when they have stuff they shouldn't:fie: Don't have a solution other than trying to keep stuff out of reach, lol. All mine grew out of it thankfully:)

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
When they were younger I had that problem... drives you absolute mad cos it's scary when they have stuff they shouldn't:fie: Don't have a solution other than trying to keep stuff out of reach, lol. All mine grew out of it thankfully:)

This made me laugh. Lol!

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I'm hoping Winnie will outgrow it. I don't remember any of my previous bullies bothering stuff this much. Yes [MENTION=12231]Goob14[/MENTION], you need to give that boy a big hug! What a sweetie!

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Welcome to my life, except with Frankie it is usually a cell phone, bread knife, flash light, bagels, pictures, car keys, I really could go on all night! The only thing that works to get him to drop it is cheese or cold cuts! If he wasn't so darned cute, I would wring his fat neck!

haha ohhhh frankie you little devil!!! lol dont be teaching brutus that stuff!! i just love those two!! :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.