Puppy harness question

quackattack

Jun 1, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
So sorry if this is in the wrong place, but...

My husband and I are getting our first English bulldog puppy next month and I wanted to get a harness for him beforehand, but wasn't sure what size to get him. Even the adjustable ones have sizes. He will be 8 weeks old when we get him.

I tried searching online, but no luck. So I came here for your advice. Does anyone know what size it would be or that can give suggestions for a particular harness with the size you used for your puppy?

Thanks in advance!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would say the best thing to do is wait until you get him, then measure around his chest and girth, take the tape measure to the pet store, and find one for him. Puppies come in different sizes.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Yeap. Wait until you get him. There is no telling without measuring them first for a harness. Its fun to take the new bully into the petstore and chart them around in the buggy. Good luck

OP
quackattack

quackattack

Jun 1, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Okay then! Thank you both!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree wait till you've them and measure.... If you take him pet store do not place him on floor or in cart--- since he is not fully vaccinated you don't want to chance him catching something

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
The medium ones I believe is good and safe for bulldogs. That is what my puppy had. The size is adjustable downwards and upwards that he was able to fit in it until i got him something nice (Julius K9).

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with the others, it's best to wait until you get your puppy, and then measure his neck and chest.
We used the Kong collars for our guys when we first brought them home, and used those, since they were only out for potty breaks, until they received all their vaccinations. Now we use the collars mostly for short walks, going in the car, and for potty breaks. When we go on a longer walk, we use the K9 Julius Harnesses, but I waited until they were fully grown, because they are expensive, but they are great, easy to put on and take off, they are light weight, and adjustable, and they are cool looking. My guys are 45 lbs and we bought them a size 1 harness.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    667.8 KB · Views: 1,097
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    622.1 KB · Views: 608

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Also you can check EZdog website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I know every one loves the Juliuis K9 harness. Since my dogs have theirs on all the time, I use Lupine step-in harness. Julius' looks really cool, but kind of bulky for
"indoor wear". I spend an awful lot of time tending to my dogs, and if I had to put harness off and on, I would not have time for anything else!! Just sayin!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.