When to stop Wiping ?

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Could all WHITE bulldog owners please chime in.. if your bully isn't white you just wouldn't understand this person's ocd frustrations....[emoji30]

Jack's has a beautiful snow white fur.... everywhere but underneath his tail and his butt hole...(am I allowed to say that here?) His fur under his tail is dark rust color. I am constantly wiping him hoping to whiten that area.... Jack has gotten to the point he runs when he sees me coming with the wipee box!...

Can I bleach his bung hole? People do that ( so i've read) ... so why can't dogs... right ?
Whose with me on this ?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Could all WHITE bulldog owners please chime in.. if your bully isn't white you just wouldn't understand this person's ocd frustrations....[emoji30]

Jack's has a beautiful snow white fur.... everywhere but underneath his tail and his butt hole...(am I allowed to say that here?) His fur under his tail is dark rust color. I am constantly wiping him hoping to whiten that area.... Jack has gotten to the point he runs when he sees me coming with the wipee box!...

Can I bleach his bung hole? People do that ( so i've read) ... so why can't dogs... right ?
Whose with me on this ?

:ROFL: bleach bung hole. LOL

My Tyson is white, I tell you - its hard to keep them looking good. What are you using to wipe him? It could be that its not drying up completely and then maybe getting a little yeasty and turning brown. I always use witch hazel - we do get the brown butt fur from time to time, I use some baby destin to clear up the area. Within a few days, we are back to normal :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh how embarrASSing!:blush::blush:

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I pour a bottle of witch haZel into a container of baby wipes.. i use that for daily nose rope and butt wipings.
I'm gonna try a bleach / witch hazel mix.. something like 20 parts bleach / 1 part witch hazel.... that should do it....

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I pour a bottle of witch haZel into a container of baby wipes.. i use that for daily nose rope and butt wipings.
I'm gonna try a bleach / witch hazel mix.. something like 20 parts bleach / 1 part witch hazel.... that should do it....

That scares me, what if the bleach causes a reaction? Then you'll be worse then when you started? How about some whitening shampoo?

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
another option I just came up with is using a little JUST FOR.MEN hair coloring.... but i don't want him relying on hair coloring to feel accepted...... hmmmmm issues issuues......

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm a little concerned about bleaching the area too; bleach is very powerful and may cause more harm than good on Jack's skin/fur. Tate is all white too and he's got some rusty colors on his corkscrew tail (as well as the other end...his face). It doesn't really bother me as long as he doesn't have an infection going on. I wipe the butt hole and tail with about twice a day and clean the area with either diluted chlorhexidine or witch hazel.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I don't have the butt issue but I still struggle with his tears and mouth and front paws from his dirty mouth. I've had a lot of success with baby oil and face cleaner pads instead of cotton balls. I also just started trying Noxema cream. I thought it may be worth a try. I also use clarifying shampoo sometimes. I use stridex achne pads sometimes and also diluted peroxide. Destin is also a staple around here. I have found that by switching products frequently I haven't had any problem with irritation. If it was me i would shave the area with a beard trimmer before I bleached it. Bleach scares me. It breaks me out if it touches my hands. I couldn't put it on my Henry's bum. If you shave the dirty hair away you could start fresh again.

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Ok ok... i am backing away from the bleach..... gosh.. it's a miracle Jack has made it this long with me.....😨

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I read stuff about using bleach. I was up in the air about it also. I couldn't imagine it being safe but so many sites recomended it. I asked the hubby and he said it's no different than swimming in a swimming pool. I ended up deciding that I could find a more comfortable way that didn't give me anxiety.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
How about powder his butt with baby powder-it's white, and smells good,too!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Ok ok... i am backing away from the bleach..... gosh.. it's a miracle Jack has made it this long with me.....

Thanks for backing away, lol - P.S. - I would also stay away from the just for men. Any chemicals like that would not be good. I would try some destin, then maybe some whitening shampoo. If it isn't affecting him health wise, don't let it get to you. :)

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
All you are so gullible😅😅😅
This is going to be fun.....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online