Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Chunk just reminded me why we can't have a puppy!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hudson
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help! Chunk just reminded me why we can't have a puppy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Blaylock View Post
    Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha going to do when they come for? Anyways....... It's definitely for attention issues. Sooooooooo, start leaving him in the cage with nothing!!! Then........add a toy and a good boy when no mistakes are made. The other thing I posted last week.......is...........
    One other thing I learned from my grandma about dogs or kids.........if you use two names to scold or call them.......it reinforces that you are angry and they can distinguish right from wrong a lot easier. Sooooooo when scolding use two names.(Like Chunk Instein) or (Chunk-Zilla) When rewarding just use Chunk. Trust me it over emphasis's your attitude and they catch on quicker.
    That has to be true because nothing makes Hudson get down to the ground with the "I'm sorry" look faster than my husband yelling DANGIT HUDSON (but put in a stronger word).

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help! Chunk just reminded me why we can't have a puppy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Blaylock View Post
    Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha going to do when they come for? Anyways....... It's definitely for attention issues. Sooooooooo, start leaving him in the cage with nothing!!! Then........add a toy and a good boy when no mistakes are made. The other thing I posted last week.......is...........
    One other thing I learned from my grandma about dogs or kids.........if you use two names to scold or call them.......it reinforces that you are angry and they can distinguish right from wrong a lot easier. Sooooooo when scolding use two names.(Like Chunk Instein) or (Chunk-Zilla) When rewarding just use Chunk. Trust me it over emphasis's your attitude and they catch on quicker.
    That is GREAT advice! The name thing is wonderful - never thought of that! I put only his crate pad (which is supposed to be a self-warming pad for our drafty apt, just holds in his body heat), his blanket (he's had that since he was a puppy for comfort) and one bone. He was perfect today! Definitely going to use Chunk-instein or Chunk-zilla! So good! He usually gets - YOU'RE MAKING ME CRAZY YOU MONSTER!

We went for a SUPER long walk today. He wanted to walk his old route which is way out by the bay - he hasn't done it since it snowed because he hates the cold - and was ready to walk more! So we kept walking til he was ready to go in. Yay!
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads