Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 24

Thread: My Pup doesn't have nose wrinkles!!!

  1. #1
    Newbie BalmoreX's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Post My Pup doesn't have nose wrinkles!!!

    seriously though, my pup is registered with ckc . I now know that, this wasn't the best way to go but what do i do now, I'm so attached to him lol. Im not worried or anything I'm pretty sure he's going to grow up to be the best freaking dog possible. I was just wondering if any body else's EBD didn't have nose ropes or wasn't as thick as other English Pups but still ended up becoming the short stocky, mugged faced dogs we now love. and if you did go through this with your pups. and you happened to have before and after pic's to get a feel of what he might look like in the future i have attached pictures to give you an idea of what I'm referring to. i would be more then happy to post more if needed for further analysis

    -photo-jpg-photo-jpg
    P.S.

  2. Likes bullmama liked this post
  3. #2
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Location
    The Crown City (Pasadena)
    Posts
    9,013
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    1479
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: My Pup doesn't have nose wrinkles!!!

    Bulldog pups will change as they grow up and so their faces may become more defined and the wrinkles more evident. I have one bully with a very deep nose rope and lots of wrinkles and another one without the deep nose rope. Lots of variations in appearance within the breed itself. Your Tyson is gorgeous, btw. Even his profile picture screams out Bulldog!




  4. #3
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2311
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: My Pup doesn't have nose wrinkles!!!

    How old is your pup? As a breeder I know first hand that bulldogs vary in shape and size, and even in wrinkles, even within a litter! Plus, when they are age 12 weeks to up to 8 months wrinkles can come and go, and a once hugely nose roped pup can lose their rope altogether, only to come back at the age of 2.

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  5. Likes Kevikell liked this post
  6. #4
    Newbie BalmoreX's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: My Pup doesn't have nose wrinkles!!!

    Thank you! very helpful !! and thank you for replying i was starting to get the feeling nobody was paying attention!

  7. #5
    Newbie BalmoreX's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: My Pup doesn't have nose wrinkles!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    How old is your pup? As a breeder I know first hand that bulldogs vary in shape and size, and even in wrinkles, even within a litter! Plus, when they are age 12 weeks to up to 8 months wrinkles can come and go, and a once hugely nose roped pup can lose their rope altogether, only to come back at the age of 2.
    He's 10 weeks tomorrow

  8. #6
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,198
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2731

    Default Re: My Pup doesn't have nose wrinkles!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BalmoreX View Post
    Thank you! very helpful !! and thank you for replying i was starting to get the feeling nobody was paying attention!
    Oh Honey...NO...it's the holiday & people gone and
    some deeply grieved, recent deaths of beloved bullies.
    Welcome to EBN and yes, your Tyson is a bulldog, very
    cute too! It's amazing how they change (many times)
    until 2 yrs old & matured and many do not have a deep,
    wide nose rope...such a bit*h keeping clean too.


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  9. #7
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,844
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    1147

    Default Re: My Pup doesn't have nose wrinkles!!!

    He so cute!! Looks like he's got big feet....might be a big guy?
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}



    IG: @bellatheenglishbully

  10. #8
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
    Posts
    1,437
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)
    940

    Default Re: My Pup doesn't have nose wrinkles!!!

    Tyson is a gorgeous baby! He looks a lot like my Winnie who doesn't have a lot of wrinkles on her face either. In fact, I have had 4 bullies and none of them have had big nose ropes and, frankly, I prefer them that way. I've never had a bully who had a yeast infection from wrinkles and I've never had to clean their wrinkles. Here are some pictures of Winnie then and now:
    -image-jpg -image-jpg -image-jpg
    Tyson just looks perfect to me. I can't tell from the photo for sure but he looks maybe a little taller than usual (Winnie is too), but that could change as he grows, and it's not a bad thing at any rate. Welcome to EBN!

  11. Likes Manydogs, bullmama liked this post
  12. #9
    Newbie BalmoreX's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: My Pup doesn't have nose wrinkles!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
    He so cute!! Looks like he's got big feet....might be a big guy?
    His dad is a pretty big guy, who loves to play with basketballs ironically his name is Shaq.

  13. #10
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    10,641
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    6668

    Default Re: My Pup doesn't have nose wrinkles!!!

    -martha-006-jpg-dscf5217-jpgThese two are from the same parents,different litter. The first one is taller and less bulldog looking to me! They are both AKC,same parents. Look different, different personalities. You still love 'em anyway-just like your skin kids!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  14. #11
    Newbie BalmoreX's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: My Pup doesn't have nose wrinkles!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    Tyson is a gorgeous baby! He looks a lot like my Winnie who doesn't have a lot of wrinkles on her face either. In fact, I have had 4 bullies and none of them have had big nose ropes and, frankly, I prefer them that way. I've never had a bully who had a yeast infection from wrinkles and I've never had to clean their wrinkles. Here are some pictures of Winnie then and now:
    -image-jpg -image-jpg -image-jpg
    Tyson just looks perfect to me. I can't tell from the photo for sure but he looks maybe a little taller than usual (Winnie is too), but that could change as he grows, and it's not a bad thing at any rate. Welcome to EBN!
    Aww she is a cutie, And you guys are awesome man. I'm so glad I joined and to be part of this family thank you guys for making me feel welcomed.

  15. Likes Donnam liked this post
  16. #12
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
    Posts
    1,437
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)
    940

    Default Re: My Pup doesn't have nose wrinkles!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BalmoreX View Post
    Aww she is a cutie, And you guys are awesome man. I'm so glad I joined and to be part of this family thank you guys for making me feel welcomed.
    I don't know if it's because her legs are a little long, but Winnie is VERY athletic for a bulldog. She will chase a ball forever and mostly catches them on the first bounce. People at the dog park are amazed by her because they've never seen such a fast bully! She's also on the lean side--maybe because she's so active or maybe because she's only 11 months old and hasn't completely filled out yet. Here are a couple of pics that show her size better. She weighs 45 lbs.
    -image-jpg -image-jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •