Injury or hot spot?

H

HoldenIron

Hey gang want to ask a question and get some opinions please..Abraham has a round swollen bloody place on the right side of his face an inch or two below his eye....Abraham does not suffer from any allergies that we know of. {Lucky us!}. He eats strictly kibble with an occasional bit of meat if any left over from supper.

The place on his face is about the size of a dime and in the center of it is a hole or what looks like a puncture wound. Sorta reminds me of a zit someone has popped and left a hole in the center. I have been wiping it with a doggie meditated pad containing boric acid, water, glycerin and aloe. Then applying silver sulfadiazine 1% cream.

This morning it looked clear and dry and no signs of inflammation but just now my son called for me and said the sore is red, swollen and bloody. I cleaned the wound again applied the cream, gave Abraham some Benadryl and put him to bed. If it wasn't for that I would put up a picture. I called the vet and got an appointment for next Wednesday and the vet didn't sound to concerned but when your bully is hurt I would rather have answers now not next week?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I don't think it's a rush vet situation. Keep an eye on it, keep it clean & dry - with ointment. Tomorrow if your able take a pic & post it for us. Visual will really help us.

Bullies do get pimples or rashes/bumps - very common and usually will clear up in a few days. Do you think he could have gotten bit by something maybe? Mosquito, spider? He could have itched it or rubbed it and made it worse than it appeared this morning.

If at any point, it starts to get inflamed, larger, or has heat to it, then get to a vet - in case it's some sort of infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You are doing good by keeping it clean, but I would be wanting a vet appointment sooner. Thing is, if it is a puncture wound and infection can form inside that you can not see which can get real bad, real fast.

OP
H

HoldenIron

Re: Injury or hot spot? Updated with pic

once again this morning Abraham woke up with the sore looking dry, healing and no redness or swelling. Again this evening it's looking somewhat inflamed. If you look closely at the center of the bump you can see a difference in the tissue where yesterday it looked like a puncture wound.
image.jpg
When it first appeared two days ago it was a bloody raw spot.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
once again this morning Abraham woke up with the sore looking dry, healing and no redness or swelling. Again this evening it's looking somewhat inflamed. If you look closely at the center of the bump you can see a difference in the tissue where yesterday it looked like a puncture wound.
View attachment 87620

Yep, vet visit much sooner than Wed - that doesn't look like any sort of allergy or pimple / looks infected maybe. Can they get you in tomorrow?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Re: Injury or hot spot? Updated with pic

View attachment 87620

Yep, I would not wait till Wednesday... see if they can get you in

OP
H

HoldenIron

No go for tomorrow or earlier in the week...my Vet is on vacation....I will keep cleaning it with the medicated pads and then putting the silver sulfadiazine cream on it.

He doesn't scratch at it or anything but you can tell he doesn't like me to touch it. I almost didn't get a picture of it. Thought about going to a different Vet but if it doesn't get worse I will wait till Wednesday.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
No go for tomorrow or earlier in the week...my Vet is on vacation....I will keep cleaning it with the medicated pads and then putting the silver sulfadiazine cream on it.

He doesn't scratch at it or anything but you can tell he doesn't like me to touch it. I almost didn't get a picture of it. Thought about going to a different Vet but if it doesn't get worse I will wait till Wednesday.

Was gonna say what about another vet? Keep a really close eye on it, not trying to scare you but it doesn't look good :/

OP
H

HoldenIron

Just an update...Abrahams sore is looking better, still obvious something was wrong but the area is two days now with no more redness, swelling or bleeding. Still got a Vet appointment for Wednesday so I will update as this plays out. Thanks for the help.

Most Reactions