Yogurt tip

Emmitt E

Nov 1, 2010
I'm not sure if anyone already does this, but I figured I'd share anyway. I make frozen yogurt treats with silicone ice cube trays.

So instead of putting a spoonful of yogurt in his bowl and having to clean it, now I just give him the frozen yogurt balls when he comes in from doing his business. He seems to like them and it's much less clean up.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Excellent idea :up: I use this for canned pumpkin so it does not waste, but never thought of doing yogurt! Love this idea :idea:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Great idea!! Just like desertskybulldogs I do this for my pumpkin, but his yogurt I just put in his bowl and it is a mess in the bowl and on his chin!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Great tip and, if your bullies loves ice cubes like mine do, a healthy treat option too!

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
I'm curious if freezing it compromises the good bacteria in it?

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Don't they make a bigger mess with the ice cube treats? My girls love a regular ice cube, but they chase it all over the floor, getting a little water all over the floor. I always mix their yogart or pumpkin in with their food, coating their kibble. It's not messy. I can see them chasing a melting yogurt or pumpkin all over making a sticky mess of the floor.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I really don't think that freezing would cause harm to the bacterial enzymes. With Bella's digestive enzymes, I have the option of freezing it, but never heat, that will cause it to not work. So I am sure freezing is a great idea.

OP
Emmitt E

Emmitt E

Nov 1, 2010
Emmitt just scarfs it down. I agree that if he played with it it would be much messier.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Don't they make a bigger mess with the ice cube treats? My girls love a regular ice cube, but they chase it all over the floor, getting a little water all over the floor. I always mix their yogart or pumpkin in with their food, coating their kibble. It's not messy. I can see them chasing a melting yogurt or pumpkin all over making a sticky mess of the floor.

I'd be in the same position .... I would have yogurt ice cubes being chased around the whole of the house .... :eek: I mix the yogurt into their Fromm and it seems to slow them down quite a bit which is a good thing!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I use any brand of natural plain yogurt .. the current one is the biggest I could find at costco because it seems to go so quickly!!

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I do this with the yogurt and pumpkin! I use white trays for yogurt and blue for pumpkin! Its pretty funny when someone goes in my freezer to get ice, they are always like "YUCK"!!! :lol:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.