WHAT!! $28,000 for a lilac bulldog.

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
I met someone who paid 10,000 for her male EBD and I just about passed out. I thought OMG the bills I could pay with that kind of money which obviously is just not setting around in my household. Now granite he was beautiful but seriously to ad to her breeding program made me think to myself hmmm would I actually pay that much for a dog? Not to mention the air fare and what ever else you need if you purchase the puppy out of state. When getting my girl from my breeder who is my my friend now because of our connection to the bullies has made me see how bettering the breed out ways the look of your bully. She shows them and over the years since getting my Boo from her I have learned so much from her. I love that she screens the people who take an interest in her puppies when she has a litter which isn't that often. But she is the first person who managed to get me to take notice of the health and not the looks. I have learned more from my friend in the last 3.5 years then I have learned in the last 10 yrs of owning bullies. I have also found out that education is far less expensive then ignorance to a bully and just going off of looks which can sometimes end up being a very costly look, and quite possibly heart break also. I think I would spend that type of money on learning more about my girl if I had it just laying around. People are going to charge what they want and yet a true breeder will stand out above all others and will be the one who is able to get the attention of someone such as myself to make me want to change the mindset of what I once had and look beyond just looks and wrinkles and cuteness of EBDs. I tell my friend that I am exactly what a true breeder wants when selling a puppy. They never have to worry about what with me and the puppy I purchased, she will have a great life with me and her health will always be of the utmost importance to me. I have people who contact me in regards to puppies ect and I tell them how very very important it is to educate yourself as know the breed of your interest. I thank my friend all the time when I look at my girl because to me she was exactly what I was looking for from head to toe and inside and out. Of course I wish I had learned this in previous years when spending all that money such cuteness when my money is well spent now knowing it is not just for a dog yet for a lifetime of education. So yeah I think my Boo is worth about a 100,000 lol. That to me makes her rare above rare! Love me some BOO :)

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Whoa. I've heard of the rare bulldog colors but I had no idea they cost that much. Belle is actually considered a blue fawn....normally she just looks like a regular brown and white but in the sun she has a slight silver sheen to her brown parts. Her eyes are also lighter than most. From what I understand it just happened. Her breeder is very good and didn't charge me a dime more for her because of her coloring.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue, lilac, whatever they call it comes from the merle gene from what I understand.
This is not natural to Bulldogs (British) and for a bulldog to carry it, they had to have been mixed with another breed.
Also, the merle gene causes a crap load of issues like deafness and blindness.

There's a reason why these colors are not part of the standard, and only irresponsible a-holes would ever breed them.

riuthamus

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Drogo
they are trying to sell them here in hawaii for 6 - 9k. I dont understand how these colors that in englad would be worth less than 200pds is worth this much here in the US.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Have you guys looked at the Hollywood Bulldogs website?? I think those morons are what really started these fads.

They have Blue Merle English Bulldogs that they sell for $30,000 +. I am not kidding.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hollywood bulldogs AKA Arizona Bulldogs AKA Southwest Bulldogs, that guy has more alias names than any other..... he's a creep and a LOW LIFE breeder, but more likely an importer..... Rick Johnston I believe his name was. They even auctioned off puppies at a Barrett Jackson car show a few years back!!!

Rare breeders are pond scum, the pups are as beautiful as any other living creature and should not be shunned for their breeders lack of honesty and integrity. Nor should the buyers who were tricked into their rare bullshit. Education is key! 10 years ago I would have thought it was okay only because I was not educated about it, so keep on spreading the word!

Bentley014

Oct 26, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Breeding these so called rare colours is only opening up more health issues.Here in the uk the kennel club does not reckonise these rare colours so the dogs are only worth what people will pay for them.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Hollywood bulldogs AKA Arizona Bulldogs AKA Southwest Bulldogs, that guy has more alias names than any other..... he's a creep and a LOW LIFE breeder, but more likely an importer..... Rick Johnston I believe his name was. They even auctioned off puppies at a Barrett Jackson car show a few years back!!!

Rare breeders are pond scum, the pups are as beautiful as any other living creature and should not be shunned for their breeders lack of honesty and integrity. Nor should the buyers who were tricked into their rare bullshit. Education is key! 10 years ago I would have thought it was okay only because I was not educated about it, so keep on spreading the word!
That guy thinks he's so awesome too because celebs buy his dogs.

riuthamus

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Drogo
He actually was liking my wifes posts on instagram for some time. I read this stuff and told her about this dude and she said "oh he always likes my posts about drogo... how odd"

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That guy thinks he's so awesome too because celebs buy his dogs.

There was once a time when he tried to come up with his own standard because he did not agree with the bulldog club of America standard. I remember reading it and thinking "Man this guy is a whack job!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
There was once a time when he tried to come up with his own standard because he did not agree with the bulldog club of America standard. I remember reading it and thinking "Man this guy is a whack job!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, so many aliases.

He was also known on the east coast (in Maryland) as Champ bulldogs. They were charging crazy amounts for their dogs as well. Champ didn't come out and say "blue" for their bulldogs, but they would mention how
they were a carrier because of the sire and such. I was also told they would make up documents to get them registered with AKC and when they got caught, they closed up shop and renamed themselves.

Like you said, pond scum.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
:hmm: I think the seller is smoking something.......rare........LOL. Out of control........

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
He actually was liking my wifes posts on instagram for some time. I read this stuff and told her about this dude and she said "oh he always likes my posts about drogo... how odd"

Hold up, is it Hollywood Bulldogs?? He likes ALL of Bella's IG pics!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.