Would your bully pass the Canine Good Citizen Test?

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hmmm let's see:
1. No... not a fan of people touching her. Very skittish for the most part.

2. She will sit for petting... depends who pets.

3. She passes this one (YAYYY!!!)

4. Yes!!!! (BONUS POINT!)

5. Hahahahha... she would run like it was the end of the world! Probably hitting every object, child, vase... scared to death!

6. Got sit and down... down may last 1 sec. Does that count? ;)

7. Coming when called? Hahahaha... Izzy? Izzyyyy? Isabellll? Isaaaabellllll? IIIIIIzzzzyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

8. She ignores mosts dogs.... like they dont exist! PASS! :D

9. Dropping a chair? Come on!

10. Pass!

Do we get a degree!? ;)

LOL! I'd pass her. :D

I'm genuinely amazed by dogs who aren't phased by other dogs.

LordNelson

May 28, 2014
Austin, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
It really is the "pass by other dogs" thing that has me concerned. It seems like an unnatural behavior for a dog.
I can understand the intent of the guideline, but that one is a few orders of magnitude more difficult (at least for us) than any of the other requirements.

I did start reading the "Feisty Feido" book, by Patricia Mcconnel (her books seem to be really good) and am going to try to apply some of those techniques.

Mainly, trying to introduce a "watch" and a "turn" command. I'm not sure if that will actually help with the test though.

Thanks for all the replies all, I'm glad to know that mine isn't the only bully that is exuberant about greeting other dogs!

Cheers!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Thanks! :)

Yes she usually doesnt care att all! When walking dogs can be barking... crying... its like she doesnt even see them! Sometimes she does that to me too... when she wants to ignore me :cursing:
LOL! I'd pass her. :D

I'm genuinely amazed by dogs who aren't phased by other dogs.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.