Did your bulldog puppy ever appear "small"?

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Okay so we all know I adopted Tali a few weeks ago. She is turning 12 weeks tomorrow. She currently weights 13.6 lbs which I see online is normal. I got Jovi when she was 15 weeks and she weighed almost 16lbs so it adds up. But yet when we got Jovi she was twice the size of Tali is currently. I know it is a 3 week difference and a 3 lbs difference, but even looking back on Jovi at 12 weeks of age she was much bigger. Tali appears really small but packs in the weight haha. I have actually been to this pet store a few times because they get bulldogs in every week and everytime I see one there they are twice her size (that she is now) and those puppies are 12 weeks old.

Here is Jovi at 14 Weeks and Tali right now which is a bad picture but it is impossible to ever get a picture of her
IMG_3647.jpg
IMG_3653.jpg

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Tali looks to be a taller puppy or at least her legs look longer hence the reason she looks leaner. They both look great; some of them look thicker because of the actual height. You might not think that would make much of a different but it does. With my girls, Amber is taller than Ruby and just all around bigger and heavier. Ruby is a tank and solid as a rock where Amber is not as solid. Bullies come in all makes and models, lol, just like people. Yours are beautiful and they look fantastic. Keep up the good work. Good luck.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Not all bullies are the same. She may end up alot smaller than Jovi. As long as she is healthy, eating, and growing, I wouldn't worry too much about her size. Female are always smaller, generally speaking. :)

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
DSC_0868.jpg 176040_1557410139416_7508209_o.jpg
Maybull is my 5mo old brindle pup. This was her at 12wks. Small body but heavy as a brick. Can't recall her weight but she was off the charts based on the online weight scales. lol
Bridgette is my 8yr old red pup...yes, she's still a puppy at heart at 8yrs old!!! This is a pic of her with my sweet Heidi (RIP) when she was about 4mo old. Bridgette was a roly poly at first but has always been a taller, leaner bully. Heidi was a plump pup like Maybull. They are just like us...all different even if fed and exercised the same. :) Your pups are cuties!!!

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
As other have said I wouldn't be worried about anything. Dogs come in all different shapes and sizes. My Boris is going on 11 months old and he's only 36 lbs which is about 25 lbs below both his parents.

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
I still think Bruno looks a little small but he is heavy, one week shy of six months and he's 38 pounds.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
just writing because i want to see more pics of tali! so cute!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea just turned 2 and is still at 35lbs. Everyone thinks she is a 6 month old pup.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
My Boeboe (to the left) weighs 5kg (11 lbs) more than Joey (to the right) but Joey looks much bigger and heavier... They are probably just built differently:)

Petras pics 223.jpg2015-04-17 15.04.18.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with the others.... they all grow differently, there are guidelines, but I would not be concerned at this stage of her age

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
View attachment 87522 View attachment 87523
Maybull is my 5mo old brindle pup. This was her at 12wks. Small body but heavy as a brick. Can't recall her weight but she was off the charts based on the online weight scales. lol
Bridgette is my 8yr old red pup...yes, she's still a puppy at heart at 8yrs old!!! This is a pic of her with my sweet Heidi (RIP) when she was about 4mo old. Bridgette was a roly poly at first but has always been a taller, leaner bully. Heidi was a plump pup like Maybull. They are just like us...all different even if fed and exercised the same. :) Your pups are cuties!!!

So adorable! Maybull reminds me of my Logan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I also agree with others, they're all different. Yours are both beautiful. Love them.
Dozer and Blossom are siblings and litter mates, and they both weigh 45 lbs, but Dozer looks leaner than his sister, and Blossom has a much more stockier body, and a fuller chest, so she looks bigger than Dozer.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I love seeing all these pictures!! Haha, yeah I am not worried at all. It's just weird to see a tiny little body coming in at a heafty weight! It's weird haha. Knowing that Jovi was twice her size yet pretty much the same weight at her age. Tali does have longer legs, but he body frame is tiny. She looks like she is maybe 8 weeks right now. I will post pictures as soon as I can get some more, she is FAST!! Always running, never stopping. My camera phone cant take such quick pictures lol so I will have to use my DSLR

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I wish curly appeared small when he was a puppy! At 10 weeks he was already 20lbs. He's almost 2 now and limbos between 65-70 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online