How to tell if a bully has been abused

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with many of the posts here.... it seems to be a personality trait and you'll need to handle her a little differently. Our first two could not have been more different from each other and now, Lambeau is even different from them.

the gang gave you great advice.... please keep us posted, share some pictures and good luck

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
a lot of people will assume abuse with rescues, or any dogs, but it's really just lack of socialization. keep working with your baby, she's going through a huge adjustment, I'm sure she'll come out great!

OP
riuthamus

riuthamus

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Drogo
So, about a week home and she has certainly changed. She does not cower as often now and is regularly seen prancing around. My current trouble is that where she was raised for the first 13 weeks doesnt seem to be (friendly towards training). She has no regard for her pee and poo and often just rolls around in it like its nobodies business. Drogo is disgusted by the stuff so I have never had this problem before. Khaleesi, on the other hand pee's everywhere and then walks right over it. For two straight nights I have not slept since I have had to clean up the massive mess if she is left for 2 hours in her crate. I had a "coming to jesus" moment with her last night as I pleaded with her since I was so tired. I know she couldnt understand what I was saying, but damn it felt good to vent! Anyway, she will most likely be our problem child and seems hell bent on staying that way. This one is going to need a lot of extra love! LMAO!

OP
riuthamus

riuthamus

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Drogo
So after one week she has done a complete 180! She pretty much rules the house most of the time and struts her stuff to drogo all the time. She is learning the house training portion and is slowly picking up the things we already taught drogo. Its time to wait for her last shot so we can get them both to training on a prof level. WOOT!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So after one week she has done a complete 180! She pretty much rules the house most of the time and struts her stuff to drogo all the time. She is learning the house training portion and is slowly picking up the things we already taught drogo. Its time to wait for her last shot so we can get them both to training on a prof level. WOOT!

AWESOME!

Most Reactions