* HELP - New Puppy Purchase Hints and Tips *

Rob3rt

May 26, 2015
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the site so please be easy with me lol. I'm from the UK (England) and planning to get a bulldog puppy.

I'd be very appreciative of your thoughts and tips on what to look out for and questions i should be asking. I've half scared myself so far reading into all the health problems which can come with British Bulldogs if they are breed from poor health parents, and want to ensure that we get the healthiest pup we can.

Is there certain tests which should have been done? What do i need to see?

also, can anyone recommend excellent breeders in the UK?

Thank you all in advance

Rob

:)

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Be sure to go and see the pups and parents first that way you'll know if they're running a legit breeding program. Never just meet someone to pick up a pup as that can mean they want to hide something. Personally I prefer to use a breeder who shows their dogs because they have strict rules they must follow when breeding.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN.... best of luck in your search!

OP
R

Rob3rt

May 26, 2015
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Thanks for the comments so far :) when I find the one I want what questions should I ask? Is there health check items which I should check concerning the puppies parents? I seen something about HUU??? Should both parents be health tested? Would I see physical paperwork of the check? Thank you :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.