Hercules is home!

kenc87

Apr 27, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
So we brought Hercules home yesterday and he seems to be doing great, playing with toys and eating well. Two questions/issues:

1. He is so low to the ground we are struggling to tell when he is peeing vs sitting which has led to a few small accidents already. Obviously we know accidents happen but any tips here?

2. His stool has been fairly soft today which I'm attributing to the stress of a new home and the food that he's on from the breeder not being super high quality. I will be switching him to the fromms puppy we have purchased in a week or so gradually once he's settled. We are taking him to the vet tomorrow to be checked but how concerned should I be about loose stool?

https://vimeo.com/128835831

2838f63b94dd755e65f4503bfc9e1e01.jpg
bb1085d5b5dfbc7df58497c066fa0e2a.jpg

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
He's so super sweet & adorable that I can't answer right now,
my brain is puppy mushy...omg, I love him, Congratulations!

Also, just got my Cable/Internet back on after hrs of being out
from tornados & flood storms in TX, this is 1st place I came so
I'll be back! Welcome to EBN!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Both of my pups had soft poo when they arrived. The vet, breeder and internet all said this was normal. Our girl actually took quite awhile to harden up. As far as the sitting versus peeing I have no advice really but only to tell you we went through that as well. One of our pups was really low to the ground and I always thought she was peeing when she was just sitting and sitting when she was actually peeing. It took me a few weeks of watching her to finally see there was a slight difference in the positions. Good luck with your little cutie!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Omg!!! That foot in the bowl!!! "Am i doing it right?" so cute! Loved the video too, my goodness!

I don't really have any advice, though I'm in agreement that the loose poo is probably just from being unsettled.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Awww, such a sweet baby! I understand the sitting vs peeing confusion. Sometimes I have a quick startle when I see Bella squat to sit down. I think the best way to stay on top of this is to keep the pup tethered to you. I think that keeping them near you will allow you to easily see what's happening on the floor.

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
We had the same problem with Bruno, couldn't tell if he was sitting or getting ready to pee. He is almost 6 months old and my wife still has trouble when he sitting. Haha

OP
K

kenc87

Apr 27, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
It's definitely tough given how low he is, thanks for all the input! I'm glad to hear the loose stool is common in the beginning.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
yup... and now I want a puppy again. good thing i don't get these urges around human babies haha

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
What a Precious Boy, Hercules is, he is Beautiful. Love and Kisses to this boy.

OP
K

kenc87

Apr 27, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
Is it too early to start putting a lil organic Greek yogurt into his food? And what brands are recommended

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online