Can Bulldogs Swim? Ours Can

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Does Taco stay in the water and float around? The boys like me lifting them into the water but automatically swim towards the steps. Lynn was the one that told me what life jacket to buy. As usual she was right. I would love if the would go off the diving board. If it wasn't for the flap under their chin on the life jacket the would not get in at all. They hate water or anything in their ears. I lift them from the side of the pool and they swim to the steps. Well the front part of them swim towards the steps. Back end just follows.

What handsome boys! It's too bad bullies are such bad swimmers because most of them seem to love the water. I know Winnie does! So where did you get the life jackets? I think I will get Winnie one just in case someone with a pool invites us over!:pray2:

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Great pictures! We will definitely be getting life jackets this summer as it will be the pups first summer. They both love water, one can swim one can't. Floyd can only swim because he isn't built like a bulldog yet. Tall and skinny, he hasn't filled out. Lola no chance, she is short and stalky.

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Does Taco stay in the water and float around? The boys like me lifting them into the water but automatically swim towards the steps. Lynn was the one that told me what life jacket to buy. As usual she was right. I would love if the would go off the diving board. If it wasn't for the flap under their chin on the life jacket the would not get in at all. They hate water or anything in their ears. I lift them from the side of the pool and they swim to the steps. Well the front part of them swim towards the steps. Back end just follows.

Yeah, he will, if I hold him. We take him to a lake nearby, so off the boat there is not a lot of places to go except the ladder. We took him on the shore, he was interested in paddling about at his liking, but quickly became interested in the buoy tied to a rope section off a beach area. His very own "varsity ball" for free! We had to haul him away, he also jumped off the boat and swam back to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
LOVE the pics! We have a pool too and I plan to let Belle swim this weekend. She has a life jacket of course but I still watch her like a hawk. Bulldogs love water but definitely weren't built for swimming :p

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Pics are too cute! We have a life jacket for Koozer, and he LOVES the water, but he hasn't yet tried to swim. He walks out (in the lake) until his back legs start to float, then he takes one step backward toward the shore, so he is wading as deep as he can go. We haven't figured out a way to let him know that the life jacket will support him if he wants to venture further out...he doesn't trust the jacket.

OP
RalphieBoy

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
LOVE the pics! We have a pool too and I plan to let Belle swim this weekend. She has a life jacket of course but I still watch her like a hawk. Bulldogs love water but definitely weren't built for swimming :p

On you tube some Bulldogs are great swimmers. Even without life jackets. Just not ours. Last year when the boys were 4 months old they could 3/4 swim. Hand under their chest. Not any more. Like Gfitz911 the boys have not gain trust in their Life Jackets. They get in and love it but want out. Then back in.

Members online

No members online now.