1st birthday ideas

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
What are some things you do to celebrate your bully babies birthday?

Frank's 1st birthday is coming up june 11th, which also happens to be my boyfriends birthday (hah) and honestly I''ve been focusing on frank's birthday more than his... oops :D

we have several dog bakeries here in town so I was thinking of getting him a cake, and a couple new toys. anything else special you all do?

I'm wondering how we'll do a cake on frank's limited diet, but I"m hoping the dog bakery will know exactly what to do for him.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Can Frank eat Steak? We always make Tyson a lean steak for his bday. We take him out for a ride (he loves to ride in the truck) - then I get a doggy cake for him - maybe a new antler - and extra loving & cuddles.

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
oooo a new antler is a good idea!! He's grown tired of his, maybe a new one will spice his life up a bit haha. I do want to get him a nicer, more expensive toy, a new antler would be great.

I'm not sure if he can have steak, and at this point I might not risk it, don't want him ending up in the hospital with any other stomach issues...

car ride too! he loves those. sticks his little head out the window and goes to town. that's a great idea. thank you :)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Welcome, ooo I bet he's gonna love every minute of that day :) Must post pics please!!

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
You can make him a parfait with some yogurt and fruit in "cake-like" layers. I think someone on here made their dog a cute "cake" out of something similar maybe [MENTION=13734]OliviaB[/MENTION]?

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Bella gets a steak and a over sized cupcake for her birthday each year with pink icing she loves birthday time!! and of course she gets presents she thinks every box that we bring in is for her lol

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
We make a meat loaf in cake pans and then frost it with instant mashed potatoes. Both of them love their birthday cakes.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Antler is a great idea ... along with a special treat from the bakery

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
You can make him a parfait with some yogurt and fruit in "cake-like" layers. I think someone on here made their dog a cute "cake" out of something similar maybe [MENTION=13734]OliviaB[/MENTION]?

I made Belle a cake for her first birthday. She's allergic to grain so most of the traditional recipes wouldn't work. I made up my own recipe and it turned out great.
1/2 banana
1/2 cup shredded sweet potato (could also use plain canned pumpkin)
2 T peanut butter (all natural-no sugar added)
1 egg
Mash the banana and stir in rest of ingredients. Grease a small ramekin or oven proof bowl and bake at 350 until set. Cool and frost with greek yogurt. I also added a bit of peanut butter to the greek yogurt to make the frosting thicker. Belle LOVED it :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.