Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I need help and advice!!!

Hi, you have been given great advice from everyone, I agree it's probably the turkey and the potatoes and also the treats.
    My guys are allergic to chicken, salmon, beef and grains, I have switched their food 4 times before I found one that they both tolerated. It really is just trial and error until you find one. We are currently feeding them Fromm's Lamb and Lentil grain Free. I also agree with everyone's suggestions of going to a basic bland diet and giving her system time to settle down, and then reintroducing a grain and chicken free kibble. I also stay away from most store bought treats, as they contain too many additives, preservatives and chemicals. I like the Fruitables, and Benny Bullies as they are all natural and have very limited ingredients. The Benny Bullies are just freeze dried liver. I also give my guys 2 Tbsp's of plain unsweetened yogurt on their morning kibble everyday for the Probiotics, which is good for their digestion and for boosting the immune system, which helps with allergy symptoms.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

2. Likes Texas Carol, Mom of Tucker liked this post
    Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Macy
    Likes (Received)

What is a bland diet? should I do hamburger and rice or vegables? I don't really want to do chicken,

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TrinaRyan View Post
    What is a bland diet? should I do hamburger and rice or vegables? I don't really want to do chicken,
    hamburger boiled and regular white rice

Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Macy
    Likes (Received)

Where do you buy the fromm's dog foods?

6. Likes dolphin liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

They sell it at most feed shops but the best way to get it delivered to your door is petflow.com. They're super fast and reliable and you can save quite a bit. Fromms has their own website that will show you dealers in your area.

Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Macy
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for all the help, so if I try the bland diet for a week, than I will add a little bit of new foods to see if her allergies return or not? And if I try the fromm dry foods, try a grain free and which ever one I think she might to well on? She never gets sick, she eats her food, just cant stand her skin is red, and she itches, her eyes are always wet.

Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
    Likes (Received)

I would suggest adding a probiotic if you aren't already using one. Chronic ear infections are often allergy related and there is a vicious cycle of antibiotic use unless you can find the trigger and avoid it. Antibiotics weaken the immune system by killing off the essential gut bacteria and then you are back to square one with recurring ear infections. My dog with allergies rarely had an ear infection once I realized she was allergic to chicken. My other non allergy dog had gunky ears until I started using probiotics (answers Raw fermented goat milk)...now her ears are barely dirty when I clean them every 2 weeks. Anyway, just try and support the gut and immune system and see if that will help.

Answers Raw Pet Food Company: ADDITIONAL - Raw Goat's Milk
    Happiness is looking at your dogs face...and forgetting all your problems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads