Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
d1070c5f2d3118d91c3e36fdbea3c0dd.jpg
e08e590c728fe953a3707dc2d4baa861.jpg
7bfbec9674411cc4372d8c64fe008e14.jpg

We bringing home our new member tomorrow, he is 2 years old

We are buying him from another owner & the description we are reading from the ad says ?
Regrettably looking for a new home for my bulldog boy.
Having to rehome him as he plays too rough for our 9 month old pug puppy.
He shows no aggression towards dogs or people but can get overexcited when meeting someone new.
Housetrained and crate trained.
He is very healthy and is neutered.
5 generation pedigree with champions and international champions in his bloodlines.

The description am reading sounds good & I'm happy with what I'm reading

I'm just a little bit worried he won't settle in but I kindly want to ask you guys if anyone has brought home a bulldog fully grown & if he settled nicely

I've read online Bulldogs can't take quite some time to settle in there new homes but I'm hoping he'll settle just fine & hoping he'll get along with bella

From the description what do you's think about him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. Bullies tend to be OCD and many don't like change so you will have to give him time and space to settle in. Hopefully one of the first things you will do is take that choke chain collar off of him and throw it in the trash as these guys have a hard enough time breathing on their own to begin with and don't need any more help restricting their airways. Other than that give him plenty of love and attention and he will eventually settle in. Several members here have rescued and adopted older bullies without issues and they have settled in quite nicely. How long that will take though depends on each dog. Could be a few days, week, or a month or longer.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
We got Monty as a 4 yr old last September in a re-homing situation too. We already had a Dachshund and cat. He had never met a cat before so was curious but that's about it. He ignored our other dog. He panted and paced for about the first 48 hours or so which I am sure was stress but then he settled down after that. His previous owners didn't give us anything of his which I would have preferred (a bone, toy, something) just to have something familiar with him. We didn't crate him but put him in the utility room with a gate so he was not shut off from us when I thought he was getting too stressed. He would relax then. His previous owners said he was crate trained but they kind of hesitated when I asked so I wasn't confident on that point. They said they always put him in their utility room when they left the house and he didn't mind at all when we did it so that is what we do still. All in all he has settled in very well. A few marking issues at first but we had him neutered and that stopped. I can't imagine life without him now!
He is a very handsome boy!
Where abouts in the UK are you? I am from Lincs.

Keanebobulldogs

May 17, 2015
Country
Nottinghamshire
Bulldog(s) Names
Patch, Amy & Darcy
We have brought home numerous adult bulldogs mainly bitches and they have all got on fine together and settled in really well after the first day, as bitches can be more dominant we are always more careful with settling them in but they got on fine, also some where from homes which didn't have other dogs so we didn't know if they would get on with ours but all has worked out ok. From the description, with him already being used too other dogs he should be fine. :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm going to tag some members that have rescued bullies before… so glad that you are taking him into your home. Best of luck to you and keep us posted!!!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
What a handsome guy! And thank you for bringing him into your home.

We have 2 rescues. Ruthie was easy, brutus was and still is a handful. He was in 3 homes before he found his final home with us, we've had him over a year now. The first thing is to have PATIENCE! It may take him a while to adjust and learn you and your expectations of him. Give him a few months to adjust and know your home before you take him to training if you are thinking about that.
For the first few months with brutus, we kept him on his leash and collar. This way if he was doing something we didn't approve of, we could correct him immediately. We wouldn't hold onto it all the time but we needed it there because he was also attacking our cats and we trained him out of that.
Brutus also plays very rough so we made sure to keep him from play for a while also. He had to learn his boundaries with getting rambunctious, hence the leash and collar. That method worked out best for us. We took him to training about 2 months into having him and he learned basic commands. He's FINALLY just now getting to the point where he knows our home, our expectations of him and what he can and can't do. It takes a lot of time.
I wish you the best and keep us updated on his progress!! And post more photos of that baby!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
He's very handsome, congratulations!

Hopefully, they were honest about him & any issues.
At two, he's still transitioning to an adult and yes, might
be a bit, over exuberant. Agree with [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] and lose
choke chain, get a harness & leash instead, never pull on
a bulldogs throat or neck, never muzzle either.

I've had two rehomed bulldogs, both needed potty training.
One was male and passed along a lot by uncaring owners.
He was 4-5 years old and very mellow, a real love bug :)

My currant is female and a retired breeder bitch. Very sweet
but not a snuggler and it's taken a bit more time to settle in.
However, I went thru unexpected moves (3) in the 2 years
I've had her so not her fault & she's handled them pretty well.

Just be calm, patient & clear about expectations (after a couple
days) and see how it goes. Any specific issues, let us know :)
Welcome to EBN and thanks for the great pics!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I am going to start with, have your seen this dog? What site or how have your heard about this dog. Absolutely do not give any money until you are picking the dog up and have in your possession. Also, do not go alone to pick the dog up. Ok, moving on, We adopted our Frankie at 2 1/2. He did come with very bad manners. At 2 or there about, it is still fairly easy to teach manners and obedience with consistent rules. We have had Frankie for almost 2yrs now and it did take 6mos to a year for him to fully relax and accept that our home was his. You will physically be able to see them relax and let me tell you, it is the most rewarding thing I have ever experienced. Good luck, I just hope it isn't a scam.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Just like most others have already commented on, the key to this will be patience. My Tyson is also a rescue, and it took a while for me to gain his trust. Its going to take him a while to adjust to him new home & family. Also, be understanding with him - know that he may act out, he may potty inside, etc. Please do not punish him for this, instead take that opportunity to train him & teach him. He will have alot of energy at that age, and since they don't know their own size, they do tend to be rough. Its usually never intentional. They may be big, and tuff, but inside they think their little lap babies :) The rewards of a rescue are amazing, and the best part for me personally was watching him gain his trust in me, and finally feeling at home. Tyson is now a spoiled rotten baby, lol.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
if you are getting him off of craigslist or any other site like that, be aware of the fact that a dog with issues may be dumped on you. a lot of times people are not 100% truthful in their ads and are looking to dump their problem on someone else. that's why it's always safer to go through rescue organizations, as they have time to observe the dog and see what kind of home it will do best in.

thank you for rescuing this sweetheart.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Sorry, I can offer no advice on re-homing dogs, but gosh - he looks so much like our boy Castor!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The gang has given GREAT advice and info.... he sure is a handsome boy. Please keep us posted

OP
Butch

Butch

Mar 16, 2014
North East
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thanks for the comments guy, Sadly we went through to pick him up but things didn't go to plan. It's a shame but I think the family we where getting him from took second thoughts. To be honest how could anyone let such a handsome boy go, we are still looking for another bulldog to welcome into our family, if I need any advice you's guys will be the first I come to, once again thank you's very much I really do appreciate it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks for the comments guy, Sadly we went through to pick him up but things didn't go to plan. It's a shame but I think the family we where getting him from took second thoughts. To be honest how could anyone let such a handsome boy go, we are still looking for another bulldog to welcome into our family, if I need any advice you's guys will be the first I come to, once again thank you's very much I really do appreciate it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:( so sorry it did not pan out for you..... best of luck on your search

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

So very sorry, I'm sure it's a big disappointment.

Praying for y'all and that the one meant to be YOURS
comes along soon. Please do keep us updated...hugs <3

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.