Help with encouraging Bulldog to use “Pet Toilet”

pfgray2008

Aug 11, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None Yet
My boy Chubs just got a luxurious Petsafe “Pet Loo Pet Toilet “with upgraded artificial grass but he won’t use it! I’ve run out of ideas and I need help to encourage my dog to use the grass to relieve himself. But first a little background info. Chubs in 1.3 years old male English Bulldog with zero issues with house breaking in the condo. I guess I got lucky but I’m often gone for more than 8 hours so I hired a dog walker and bought this box just in case but he refuses to use it. I even went as far as acquiring the same synthetic grass used in my condos dog area. I’ve tried luring him.. I’ve used multiple scent marker products including dog urine but all failed. Chubs rather sit on the grass or chew a treat then use it as bathrooms talk about stubborn… The only thing I can think of at this point is to release him from his crate in the morning and trap him on the balcony until he delicates/urinates! Does anyone have some suggestions on what to do? :pray:

Amazon.com : PetSafe Pet Loo Pet Toilet, Original 33-Inch by 33-Inch : Litter Boxes : Pet Supplies

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It will be difficult to get a dog that was potty trained to go outside-to use something like that. I would guess that,even though it is on the balcony-and he has never been taught to potty there, he probably considers it part of the house. If you have a dog walker, and they come in the middle of the day, he should be fine to hold it until you get home. I have never used anything like that(for a dog....) but maybe someone else @pfgray2008

has an idea for you. If he is so well trained to potty outside-it would be confusing for him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It will be difficult to get a dog that was potty trained to go outside-to use something like that. I would guess that,even though it is on the balcony-and he has never been taught to potty there, he probably considers it part of the house. If you have a dog walker, and they come in the middle of the day, he should be fine to hold it until you get home. I have never used anything like that(for a dog....) but maybe someone else @pfgray2008

has an idea for you. If he is so well trained to potty outside-it would be confusing for him.

agree ^^^^ nothing to add, but wanted to say I agree with this advice

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.